Monday, April 18, 2011

Weightloss Check In. Click here if you want to shame someone.

Seriously folksy polksy.. I have failed you.

I think I maybe only worked on one day last week? And I say maybe because I can't even remember what I did last week and I don't feel I can commit to saying I worked out for a day. I can literally come up with an amazing list of excuses.. but I won't. But I will admit to saying that the concert last week kicked my ass. I woke up the next feeling hung over just from being SO tired. And honestly? I still don't feel recovered which is bad news bears since I have another concert this Thursday.

*kicking my own ass*

So obviously my goal this week is to suck less because that's key. I can't go two weeks of sucking ass. I just can't. My morale is down, bitches and hoes. Down.

BUT last night I got on the fuckmill and it felt good to just work at it. I really need to get going on this. I realized that on my 30/30 list is "wear a bikini" and that means this summer folks. You won't catch my ass in a bikini in the winter. Ever. And if we're being honest, my body is nowhere near bikini ready. No where. Not even remotely close. *sigh*

I'm not going to end this post in Debbie Downer fashion though. I know I said I'd give you tummy pictures but yeah.. I forgot until right after supper when I'm all full from the one taco I had. Seriously. ONE taco. Six months ago this would have been 6 but the fact I can eat just one and not die is a big deal. Anyways. So.. I'll try to get those to you later this week or next Monday.

In the meantime, I have leg pictures. Which... aren't as exciting but I think I'm seeing improvement. So let's see a "before" picture of my legs... circa October 2009. When I began my whole weight loss thing in January 2010 they were a smidge bigger.
You'll notice my thighs were... substantial. And if you squint you can see my tattoo on my thigh. Anyways. So, compared to my adorable cousin Rhonda, I'm a fat ass beached whale who hadn't seen the sun in years. But I love the swimsuit, which no longer fits. But I might just buy another one in a smaller size because it was THAT great. Anyways. The important thing to note here is that when standing, my thighs touched from the very top all the way down to my knees. Like, there was no gap.

Behold... yesterday.
These look like a normal person's legs. My calves feel pretty toned/muscular enough to be sexy, not manly. But my thighs? Well hot fucking damn there is a gap! And while this is a good thing that I marvel at every time I look in the mirror, I am still pissed that at the top, they touch. It drives me nuts. In a swimsuit, besides my stomach I feel like that one little flaw is an eye sore. Granted, I'm probably the only person who notices it or cares, but it still bothers me. So while the number on the scale doesn't really move anymore it's things like this that I'm using as my guide.



So yes. I'm trying. Hard. Starting now. Again. :/

14 comments:

Zoƫ said...

doesn't... everyones thighs touch? but WOW huge change. Also I LOVE your bathing suit!!! where did you get it? I'm naturally a little curvy and it looks like a suit that would be really flattering to somebody whose a bit busty :)

middle child said...

I LOVE the bathing suit!!!!!!! You looked good in it too. You are very well proportioned.
I cannot be the drill master. You are too cute and so awesome. Sports? Ask your husband if he wants to play "Squat tag in the cucumber patch". That would soooo tone up your thighs. Doing housework? Turn up the tunes and DANCE!
But see....I just want to hug you and tell you how wonderful you are and take you to Olive Garden and shopping and to a movie and not in a creepy stalkerish way, but in an "I want to mother you" way.

Annah said...

Get it girl! You're totally doing it and making progress. Don't worry about the number on the scale. The body is OBVIOUSLY changing.

And that bathing suit is way cutie. I prefer your hair now, though.

Oilfield Trash said...

When looking for that tattoo you can see the woman in the back ground showing you the moon. Just thought I would point that out.

And yay for the hot looking legs. It is amazing what a year can do.

Ruth said...

Your legs look great!
I feel the same way you do on the workout thing. I started walking, but than it started raining and I don't have room in my house for a fuckmill so I didn't get much exercise in last week. And I feel like if I don't keep working on it, I slide right back to where I was before. I don't have any advice for a video. I have that problem myself.

Rancher Mom said...

I think everyone's thighs touch - at least mine always have, even when I was at my tiniest.

For me, this week just went by too fast for me to really accomplish much - it was like wow Monday already?! damn.

Completely off-topic - I just put on the nail polish you sent me, it's SUPER CUTE and makes me feel all girly :D. xo

cakeologist said...

I so love the swimsuit!

I hate that my thighs touch at the top (and when damp from the pool they stick together when I walk and jiggle even worse), but I think the only people with thighs that don't touch at all are way way too skinny.

Steff said...

Oh man, that bathing suit is so cute! Congrats on the weight loss! And I'm sure no one notices your thighs touching...I know I don't go around looking at people's crotches!

C said...

You look great. And I think everyone's thighs do touch, I think. I'm pretty sure mine do.

Keep up the good work, cut yourself some slack, your legs look ooh-la-la sexy!

=)

Ang said...

Sara your shit looks BOMB! My thighs touch at the top too and, like you, it bugs the shit out of me.

Do you have any sort of community ed. up in Sup-town? That's how I'm taking my Zumba class, and it's cheap enough to make it worth it, imo. Look into it.

Don't slack this week - your results are showing so much - keep thinking about the Boud shoot... you don't wanna be a fat ass; do you?

Also - few weeks ago you asked for Free Vegas ideas... Zion National Park - it's about a 2 hour drive, I've never been, but it's supposed to be BEAUTIFUL! Again, assuming you rent a car.

MyChemicalMeryl said...

Hey Sara.....I've been following you for a long time now but this is my first time commenting. First off I need to tell you that this vlog was super sad! ALL exercise/diet regimens have ups and downs, because WE have ups and downs.......you can't expect to be Wonder Woman every single week!

That being said, in regards to your dvd recommendation request.....The Firm is one of the BEST, at least as far as totally kicking your butt and making you really feel like you're accomplishing something. They have a 30-day program (which costs like $120) but you can totally get away with just getting anything under that brand, depending on what areas you want to target. They also make a 10-minute pilates workout compilation; there are actually 5 10-minute routines on the dvd, so you can just do one, or a couple, or all 5 for a full 50-minute workout. I was one of those people who always thought pilates was for wimps, but let me tell you, it kicked my cellulite-riddled ass.

Oh, and I am BEYOND jealous that you saw MCR, they are my FAVORITE, and I cannot get tickets to their Boston show, probably not even if I offered all manner of tawdry sexual favors. :-(

xo,
Meryl

asj said...

so proud of your progress, the scale is evil... but I too am a slave to it so I understand. your legs are looking amaaazing, keep it up!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Lack of inner thigh clearance has been the bane of my existence since I was 25 (so almost 20 years now). Doesn't matter how much weight I lose or how much exercise I do. There will always be chaffing issues.

prettylittlereckless said...

Alright you sexy bitch. Here it is- stop sucking. (however, you're still totally doing more than I am....) All you need to do is put those shoes on and get to it. Idc if you need to STARE at the treadmill for awhile, but put those shoes on and eventually you'll tell yourself just do it. Hopefully this god awful weather will brighten up and be sunny again too.

But in the meantime, if you are looking for some FUN dvds to work out to... try Carmen Electra's aerobic striptease. There's like 5 of them in the series I think. Check out the link :) It's not like omg I'm gonna die workout, but it's at least entertaining and gets ya moving.

http://www.amazon.com/Carmen-Electras-Aerobic-Striptease-Electra/dp/B00064VQWQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303259721&sr=8-2