Monday, April 4, 2011

Weightloss Monday.. are ya angry yet?

Because according to MSN, you should be.

Anyways.

This week I had some definite low points but I also had some good points. So let's review, shall we?

LOWS:
-my boudoir shoot outfit not only didn't fit but made me look (and feel) like a giant tuna fish stuck in a pink and black net. I vlogged about that.
-I wasn't running as far as I thought I was... so I felt defeated. I vlogged that too.
-I can't quit french fries. I can't.

GOOD:
-I worked out 4 times last week anyways despite the fact I felt fat and would have loved to just eat cheesecake. And I will fully admit to eating 3 slices of cheesecake in a row after the lingerie didn't fit. Because somehow, in my head at that moment, that was the best thing to do to cope. Because crying was getting me nowhere.
-A dress I bought four years ago on clearance at Target... which has been in my closet ever since hoping that SOMEDAY I could wear it... fits. It fits folks.

 

















So.. obviously my work out routine is working. The picture on the left isn't realy great, but I like the one on the right. But yes. Being able to wear that dress was a pivotal moment for me. It's a large, so in Target world that is like a 10/12. SQUEE! I'm wondering.. is it too dressy for a show in Vegas? Like, I seriously don't know if I could wear this as casual wear. I went to a funeral today which is why I wore it (and bust out my pearls... oh how I've missed you so!). But yeah. Fashion folks-- I need some advice on getting more use out of this baby now that it fits.

Um, what else? Oh! So I did ask my friend about Vitamin D and weight loss. She's been taking a a bunch of it and she is losing weight like you wouldn't believe. And she found out through her other good friend who is a nurse. Anyways. A person should have like 10,000 IU's of Vitamin D  per day, and if you aren't in the sunshine a lot then you need a vitamin. Yeah. So there's more to it, but Google it and kind of make your own judgement on it. Me? I'm going to take 10,000 IU's of Vitamin D every day (starting pay day) because Walgreens sells a huge bottle of Vitamin D where each pill is 10,000 IU's and the entire bottle is like $21 but it would last months. So yeah. That's my plan. I'll keep you updated on if I notice anything from it.

OK. So here's my vlog for the night and I talk more about another fun thing. :)


18 comments:

middle child said...

You look good. More to the point..do you feel better physically?
The dress? I think you could wear it almost anywhere. Just change up your accessories.

Oilfield Trash said...

You are rocking that dress!!!!!

Yay for getting into it. All of your hard work is paying off.

E said...

Yea for being a size 10! That's exciting! Also vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium and (at least for me) helps me feel less fatigued all the time. I live in the land of rain and have the fairest skin ever so I am never in the sun and constantly am low on vitamin D. I actually have to get prescriptions for it.

Jen @ Dear Mommy Brain said...

Lots of health complaints can be attributed to Vitamin D deficiencies. I take it for my MS (which is more prevalent in northern regions due to the reduced sun exposure).

Also, you can wear anything in Vegas. There is no standard dress code. Just don't walk around in a g-string because you might be mistaken for a hooker. Although it's not illegal there...

Annah said...

I don't get tired of telling you how CUTE you are! :)

High Heels and Fitness said...

WHOOOOOOO HONEY I'M SO PROUD OF YOUUUUUUUU (and let's be honest- totally jealous) THAT YOU'RE A SIZE TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH no lie it's my dream size. I haven't been that size since I was in 8th grade.

And I'm totally gonna look into those Vit D things.... or in reality- start tanning AND take vitamins. :)

Jennifer Kay said...

The picture on the right fo sho! Ooh la la mama!!! A size 10 you say I am capable of? Hhmmmm...

Mom Taxi Julie said...

OMG my name is over there. I'm such a loser! First step: buy scale. I promise I'll buy one this week. The one I have now has the SMALLEST little lines and I so can't see it. Plus it's a big fat liar.

The running outside vs fuckmill? I love you for that, since, I do not have a fuckmill and was running outside before when I was doing the c25K and freaking KILLING myself. That explains why it was so hard ;)

Rancher Mom said...

Way to rock a size 10 hot mama!! I am personally looking forward to getting back into my size 12 Gap jeans that are still sitting in my closet from 2006 and mocking me with their skinniness!

Skipping off to do my Monday fatty McFatington post now!

Did you get that email from me with the exercises that cakeologist had sent me? I didn't get a chance to try them this week, but I am hoping to this week.

Jen said...

Honey, you need to do a little research, and pass on to your friend, about Vit D overdose- there's quite a risk apparently! This link gives you some idea:
http://vitamins.lovetoknow.com/Vitamin_D_Overdose
Unlike with most vitamins, our bodies don't excrete what we don't use, but store it instead. I love me some vitamins, but have a read before you go overboard :)

Jandy xx said...

damn woman, youre hot! thats a perfect vegas outfit, however you wear it! you should be so proud of your self!

Deeds said...

if you want to dress down the dress, or make it more funky for vegas, you could add a colored belt and pair it with matching shoes. Like a red skinny belt or a silver wide belt.

Ang said...

Sara you look great and it's obvious that you feel a lot better too! Keep the shit up, for reals!

And keep us posted on the difference once you start taking VitaD

Ang said...

I remember what else I was going to say...
on that site I gave you last week, you can map your own route - so if you run through a park or take a shortcut that the car can't drive.. you can map it there and it'll give you the EXACT distance of your route. Then you can save a bunch of different routes and log the times you did it and how long it took.
I've been playing with it since I shared it with you - it's pretty neat.

Things Sent My Way said...

Yay! This is good news! I just found your blog today I'm following from the hop - but I love this site already.

Hmm, that dress, maybe not casual wear. It's nice though! I guess a change of accessories might make it more casual, but I'm thinking that it's a little more dressy than that.

Here's to the work out!

Come visit me back!

Michelle @ Things Sent My Way

The Mrs. said...

You're awesome. Plain and simple. Seriously, freaking GREAT job! You motivated me and I've posted...I didn't have time to post a pic, but ya, I posted!

That dress??! You look great! I always love the feeling of something fitting that didn't before. Oh try a big belt or something to casual it up?? Otherwise, it's fine...Vegas is Vegas. I hear you will see people in their PJs, bikinis, suits, jogging suits, jeans, cocktail dresses..so I'm sure as is will work!

asj said...

looking awesome girl - you're motivating, I've been so bad about eating well/working out lately! I think you can definitely wear that dress to a show in vegas just add fun jewelry/shoes and you're set!

Shirley said...

Dude. Sometimes I just heart you! The dress is amazing! I bet you could get more wear out of it if you added a wide belt underneath your bust. I am also going to see about taking me some vitamin D and some B12 to see if I can get me some energy too.