Monday, May 2, 2011

Weightloss Check In Monday... with unflattering pictures! YAY!

I have a TON on my plate right now (lots of blog stuff in progress, Etsy shop stuff I'm desperately trying to finish and I have my regular mom duties with *bonus* one puking child) so there is no vlog tonight. But to make up for it, I'm giving you unflattering pictures of me. So.. it's still a win for you.

And if my gross pedicure is any evidence of me being ridiculously busy.. well there you go. Now, my weight is up I think from 158? But I deserve it because yet AGAIN... I slacked. But seriously. I have had NO time to work out. I really haven't. I also haven't had time to freaking snack on anything so there's that too.
 Now... before you see the next pictures.. go HERE to see what the before pictures were. Seriously. Do it.






(Did you see that website? Because if not these will look awful and you'll not understand why I'm celebrating them.)

Four months of curbing what I eat and actually exercising more has gotten me here.
 Now, it doesn't look like much to you. It still looks like the jowls of a dog. A kangaroo pouch. Like I'm trying to hide a pregnancy. BUT it's all much smaller. Isn't it?? And the top picture? You can *kind of* see some definition of what I believe to be some kind of abs? Yes. Yes, that is some definition up there.
And notice how I don't have a roll hanging over my pants? I don't have a muffin top in the back anymore, but I still have a ba-donka-donk. Yes.

THANK YOU fuckmill. (<--- it may be the only time in recorded history you'll see that so just enjoy it).

Obviously... I have a lot further to go. I'm not in some kind of bubble where I think I have an ideal body type. But this is the first time in TEN YEARS that I am feeling positive about my body image. That? Is worth more than what a scale will ever say.

So... how are you doing? If this isn't good enough for your motivational pep talk then I have failed you.

I will be back tomorrow, folks. I have a really cool project coming up for you and (hopefully) a thought provoking post for you. Then I have a really good (couple) of posts I need your help on.

1. Do you live in Alabama or in the hard hit areas from recent severe weather and tornadoes?
2. Do you know someone who fits that criteria?

Email me your photos and stories by tomorrow night to sarastrand9438(at)hotmail(dot)com. It's kind of an important thing I'm doing for a few fellow friends, so any help you think you can be... I'd appreciate it. More soon loves.

14 comments:

Ann said...

Woohoo! WTG! I am in the process of trying to lose 35 pounds...about 7 pounds in (don't get me started on the disaster that was Easter weekend). Thanks for the inspiration!

prettylittlereckless said...

you're doing great! I'm back on the MCDiet today.. boo... but it works so whatever. And I'm definitely more determined! I'm hoping to climb in bed as soon as I get home and then wake up early and hit the gym by 8am!

middle child said...

Don't be too hard on yourself about the pouch thing. Remember, people DID used to live there.

Eileen said...

Congratulations! I'm proud of your hard work. I wish I weren't such a lazy ass and could work harder on losing weight. I'm getting out every day...that's my goal. It isn't about doing things once in awhile, but consistency. Wanna guess where my problem is?

Eileen said...

btw...forgot to mention. you're hot. srsly. Let's have a lesbian affair. j/k...my husband would get mad jealous.

Oilfield Trash said...

Keep up the hard work, you have already seen that it has paid off. So keep it up, you will get there one day!!!

Shirley said...

Congrats Chick!! You seriously earn it for all your hard work.

Ruth said...

You are looking good.
I've been slacking on my exercise and I don't have an excuse.
Instead of exercising tonight, I made cookies and proceeded to eat them.

Annah said...

Okay your belly is seriously not bad. SERIOUSLY!

Also, I want to take a chunky bite out of it :) Love you! Keep at it!

Jenner said...

I see a big difference. It's frustrating but you are defintely on the right path! I've become obsessed with using sparkpeople.com and lost 4lbs my first week!! I find that tracking my diet and exercise there has made me make much better decisions. New sneakers help, too. I HATE to exercise, don't get me wrong... but it's true what they say: A body in motion stays in motion. If I force myself to workout, I feel inclined to do more afterwards. Good luck!

Ang said...

Lookin' good chicka! Keep it up and you'll be kangaroo pouch free in no time ;)

Mine's a Keeper said...

I can definitely see a change. You are looking wonderful. I absolutely love the fact that you love yourself even with imperfections. You rock!

Steff said...

Yay, congratulations on being happy with your body! I didn't see that first post until now and I can definitely tell a difference! Keep it going!

Jo-Anne Mother and Nanna said...

I went and looked at the before photos and I have to say yes I can see the difference so good on you and keep up the good work......you will get to where you want to be in the end. I have no doubt about that as you are such an amazing woman.......