Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Winona.

 So on the very last day of my vacation with my friend Amy we hit up Winona. Now, I've only been to Winona briefly for work and never really left my hotel, so I hadn't really seen much of it. But it's a beautiful college town and I'd like to go back and do more of the touristy things sometime. So here are some pics of the area:


 Pretty, huh? I had a good time. The drive home was long. Like... mega long. I know Amy was tired driving from Milwaukee to Rochester and I know I was tired driving from Rochester back to my home, which was another four hours away. I ended up stopping in Hinckley (as usual) to pee and get muffins (and some caffeine) and I ended up getting home shortly after 8pm. It was a long day. I feel asleep half on my bed with my jacket still on while Matt was telling me how the kids were while I was gone. Yikes. :)

So what else.. oh, Olivia graduated 4K. I have pictures and a post coming on that. I've gotten on the couponing bandwagon and am getting so fucking pissed off trying to make a coupon binder. Nothing is really what I want and the fact I'll have to buy stuff online pisses me off. You've failed me, Office Max. FAIL. But this weekend I spent cutting coupons.
 That's only what I got out of newspapers... I have a whole other stack of computer printed ones. Matt says I've gone to the dark side. Maybe I have. But honestly? I'm ok with that. We need to save money on our month to month expenses and if this helps then I'm on board.

Then I spent a good portion of my holiday weekend crafting and putting things in my shop. Which, by the way, I have a lot of new stuff. Not only do I still sell my card sets, but I've decided to sell single cards and duos. It makes sense. Sometimes I only have the supplies to make one or two and so we'll see how that goes. But here is one set I really like, Because Nice Matters:
 And then Flamingo Kisses:
I have a couple of custom orders I'm making sample proofs for so I'm excited about that. I'm hoping I can get a few more sales so I can buy the counter top for my laundry sink. According to Matt we have everything else we need. If you care anything at all about my sanity, you'll buy some stuff. :) BECAUSE I'll take pictures of the mess and trauma that will be the laundry sink project. Oh yes. It will be worth it, babes.

In the meantime I have a ton of book reviews in the works. With some real life stuff thrown in there. And oh yeah- I'm taking a stained glass class starting tomorrow. And we'll talk about the 30/30 list and my alternate items. Oh yes. Lots of stuff is happening and being worked on.

But in the meantime...... don't forget to send me your Dear Sara questions by Thursday evening peeps. Email me at: sarastrand9438(at)hotmail(dot)com and I shall be your bitch. (At least for Friday questions.)

6 comments:

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Loving the pics, as well as your new found art work on Etsy. I would love to buy all of it to tell you the truth, but I gotta save my dollars for my new puppies that I get tomorrow. You know how it is right?

I love Friday questions!!!!

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Dana said...

You are so busy! I don't know how you find time for everything. Did ya stop at Toby's for your muffins?

Anonymous said...

You ARE one busy chica :) We still need to plan a July event, because duh- keep this once a month meet up going. lol. GAH I can't wait for Saturday!!! eeeeeee!!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you stopped at Tobey's for sticky buns!!

Julie H said...

I had baseball card and 4x6 holders for a coupon binder. I had them organized by aisle in the grocery store. Worked pretty good.

Anne said...

Hey there - just saw your blog on Lady Blogger Social Tea Party...

I like your style. Nice blog! If you want some couponing tips, come by my blog and say hi!