Sunday, June 12, 2011

All kinds of updates. Mostly random.

So I had someone email me and ask if I gave the other kids in Olivia's preschool class and end of year treat. And yes, I did. I figured since a lot of the kids live right around us it'd be nice to give them our contact information should they want to come and play. So I made these cards in just a few minutes and stuck a little sucker in it. They went over really well but nobody has called to play. I think the problem is that most of the other parents send their kids to daycare and so they get socialization there. Which sucks because I think Olivia misses some of the kids in her class. Fortunately, she's made friends with a few kids in our neighborhood and they are off playing all of the time.
 And I forgot to mention Jackson is done with the Spring session of Toddler Class. He really thrived this time and it was nicer to only go on Fridays versus Thursday and Friday like we did in the fall. But the Friday class is much smaller so he felt more comfortable just playing with the other kids in there.
 But I will say we have officially hit the Terrible Three's. They are horrible. I don't remember Olivia being this bad and maybe it's a boy thing.. but oh man. He's really rough. He's cute and adorable, but don't let it fool you. All of a sudden he's extremely emotional, he hits, he kicks, he punches, he jumps off everything, he screams, he doesn't listen and he throws tantrums. It's like a continuous loop of this the entire day.
 But then he gets sick and he reminds me that he is after all, just a little boy. I have had this awful upper respiratory thing for WEEKS and I'm only now on the downhill slide. But Jackson picked it up and yeah- he had a rough week last week. You can't see it, but next to his hand is part of a sandwich he was working on until he fell asleep. But his was way gross. Like, he had huge gobs of boogers coming out of his eye. No joke. It was disgusting. I'm serious- it was like a booger/phlegm combination coming out of only one eye. Ugh. Just thinking about it makes me gag.
 And then we've been taking the kids to the parks around town as much as possible. We have one within a few blocks of our house but it's nice to go to other parks sometimes too.
 But the big deal is riding bikes. Olivia has her big girl bike and Jackson has a smaller version. Jackson doesn't get the concept of peddling yet, but Olivia does. She isn't very good, she goes really slow, and is in constant fear of falling over. And she can't steer worth a damn. So... when she rides her bike, it's mostly Matt or I walking next to her and letting her go up and down our street. And Jackson is more interested in "fixing" his bike instead of trying to ride it.
I have a lot of cool posts coming. Tomorrow is our weightloss thing (that's your reminder chunky lovers), but Matt and I are back from our weekend anniversary/blogger meet up Michigan trip. I have LOTS of pictures and stories and fun stuff to show you.

AND I have a revised 30/30 list, including alternative activities and updates, AND... a top secret class I'm taking. But you won't know about that until I finish it in the last week of June and I can show you what I have been doing.

AND.... I have a new contest coming up. I thought of it during my long ass drive home today and I think you will love it. :)

6 comments:

The Simple Dude said...

Eeek - eye boogers! Looking forward to the new contest!

SD
The Simple Dude

Oilfield Trash said...

You have some cute kids and I am glad that the weather has warmed up outside where you guys can enjoy it.

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Eye boogers is a new one for me and gross much...........

Little Leo is 3& half and he is full on all day and a climber he loves to climb on everything and jump off....
we are expecting him to hurt himself but he rarely does getting the occasional owwie.......buts thats it..
I think it is a boy thing I have 3 girls and do not remember any of them being so full on............

He will only ride his bike when he has his papa walking beside him not nana it has to be papa...........

prettylittlereckless said...

I'm not sure I appreciate you calling us Chunky Lovers. LOL.

Can't wait to hear about this contest!

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Three was always way worse than two for us! It's nice when the kids learn to ride their bikes. Trevor took forever to learn, then the renters 4 year old next door rode by with no training wheels. Nothing like some competition to get my son moving!

That cold sounds pretty nasty.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Hope the two of you feel better soon!