Monday, June 27, 2011

Weightloss Check In Monday: New Goal/Announcement/Delusion. Pick one or all three.

I know I have been a craptastic weightloss leader but damn you all- this bitch is back and I have a new goal. But before I give you the vlog announcement of that...

... I will tell you about what I have coming up in just a little over a month. It would be my very first 5K! That's right. I'm still committed to my 30/30 list and despite not knowing how I'm going to train for it in such a short time period and how I'm going to manage it in my schedule, I am running a 5K in early August.

I'm kind of scared. I am feeling like I might not be able to do it, but I'm going to fill out my registration form and just do it already. So that means that as of yesterday, I've started my 3 mile walk/run up again. Yesterday I only walked it because quite frankly, I was too scared to try running. I don't know why, but I figured maybe my first time out again I'd just walk it. So I did and I was kind of exhausted. My legs are still sore today but I wasn't just leisurely walking, I was speed walking so I feel like I did a good job.

But that 5K? Is nothing compared to my new goal:

8 comments:

The Simple Dude said...

Is your 30/30 plan one of those "be able to run for 30 minutes straight in 30 days" cardio deals? I did that exact thing a number of years ago and it absolutely works. I wasn't much of a runner but I followed that plan to the letter and was running 35 - 40 minutes at a time by the time within a month.

I've slipped a little but need to build my cardio back up for a couple 5Ks I'm running this summer.

SD
TheSimpleDude.com

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

While listen to you my daughter arrived home and wanted my attention so I now have to go back and replay so I have an idea what this post is about..........lol

Leo has this thing about wanting presents all the time and he is so funny.......anyway to get to the point a half marthon would be and awsome effort. Yeah I reckon it will take about a year of training to be ready to do it but you can do it if you put your mind to it......

prettylittlereckless said...

First off- your hair is super cute today :)

Second- I still think you're crazy for this goal, but it's awesome though too because of how determined you are!

Third- I will bring my poms :)

Heather said...

I'm doing my first 5K in August too! I'm also on the run/walk plan right now. And Lord help you training for the halfer. I can't even imagine running 3.1 miles right now, let alone 13.6, but you can DO IT! You NEED to read the Nonrunners Guide to Running Marathon for Women. It's hilarious and inspirational and it will totally help you! I'm reading it and I'm only running a damn 5k!

Jen said...

That's great! I walked a half on the Vegas strip and by mile 8 I thought I was going to collapse in the Vegas ghetto. But my best advice would be to train consistently. I know I didn't do enough, but I made it and it was the most amazing experience.

Oilfield Trash said...

You will be ok. I will cheer you on.

And on a side note I think you are the female version of myself when it comes to lazy and procrastination.

Ang said...

you're an idiot. LOL - kidding. It's a great goal, and hopefully you stick to it and kick that half marathons ass! Then next year, you'll be ready for a full one! GOod Luck!

Dana said...

Congrats on your goal! Now you are so accountable because you've told all of us you're doing it! :P I REALLY need to do something. I'm fatter than fat right now but yet I'm not quite there to want to do something about it immediately. Maybe after another chocolate shake or candy bar or something. Seriously, Good Luck for the next coming year!