Monday, June 20, 2011

WeightLoss Checkin Monday.. omg... die.

I knew getting back into my weight loss routine after weeks of complete slackerness was going to suck. I knew it. I think that's why I kept putting it off time and time again.

But this week I really took stock in what I liked about working out and honestly- knowing that kicking my own ass was getting me into shape and frankly, looking better than I had in years, was a good thing. Then I noticed that the hunk of fat that hung off the side of my thighs was gone... really made me think about how nice it was to be losing hunks of fat in the first place. And after a lot of trying to talk myself out of it, I got back on the fuckmill....

... and cried for mercy after a half mile like the little bitch I am. That fuckmill gave me the equivalent of the middle finger, people.

I even thought that by jamming to Elton John's Greatest Hits would get me going. Lord knows I perform better when I'm singing to myself much too loudly. But no, it did nothing.

So even though the fuckmill hates me once again and a half mile made me want to die, I still managed to do 100 steps on my stair stepper which is making my thighs cry. Then I got back on my exercise ball and did 50 crunches and now it hurts to say.

But you know what? I can do this. I know I can. I did it before and by fucking god- I'm going to rock it out again peeps.

Please know I sang this loudly while trying not to die on the fuckmill.

10 comments:

prettylittlereckless said...

YAY YOU! Glad to hear you got back on the treadmill! I will be doing 30 day shred tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to it, but I think if I do it for 30 days, I might actually have a routine again?

Ann said...

You got this, girl. If I can get MY fat ass to lose 20 lbs., you can definitely get back into the groove.

Ruth said...

Good for you. It's hard to get going again when you stop.

Oilfield Trash said...

Glad you got back on the fuckmill.

But if it gave you the finger you should have turned around and let it, ah never mind. lol

Josie said...

You win!

Kattrina said...

So proud of you for getting back on the excercise train!! I myself am dying from all the running I've had to do - but to no avail, my fat has remained in place and the only thing that has changed is my appetite (I am hungry ALL the time)! Good for you and keep up the good work. One day the mill will be your friend!

Ang said...

Good for you Sara - keep it up, otherwise you'll just be fat, and that's gross!

Dirt Queen said...

Rocking out is the ONLY way to work out! I always feel better when I kick my own ass too! You go girl!

Emily Lospennato said...

THANKS for your inspiration. I will get back on that thing tomorrow myself. Your blog is great and I will follow! I hope you check out mine too. I'd love to be neighbors:)

www.emilylospennato.blogspot.com

FinnyKnits said...

These weight loss places and gyms should really use, "Lose hunks of fat!" as their motivational tag line.

Go you!