Monday, June 13, 2011

Weightloss Monday- thunder thighs got to go.

I don't know about you but I have two areas that I know I need improvement on. My stomach and my thighs. I feel like every other area would just get better if I could get those two under control.

I will tell you I am not a fan of squats or lunges, two things that are apparently good for your thighs and ass. Which is maybe why mine are all crazy. When I was younger my mom always called me thunder thighs. Looking back I think, damn. If I still had those thighs I'd be thrilled. About two years ago my thighs were their largest and through a crap ton of walking I've gotten them down quite a bit. They aren't thunder thighs but I feel like they most certainly can be better.

So I found this link to some thigh exercises: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/top-thigh-exercises/ and while I'm not a huge fan, I can tell that my thighs feel a burn. Specifically, it hurts to sit down to pee. I can only assume that is a win.

Now.. my stomach. Well I'm back to doing my crunches. I hate them but I have to say- I was feeling a major burn the next day so I have to think it's doing something. So... I'm still working on it.

While I didn't get out and exercise a ton last week in a traditional sense, I felt like I was really active anyways. AND this weekend I did a lot of walking around in Michigan, and I climbed a lot of stairs.. so it totally counts. I'll post more about that tomorrow.

Diet wise.. ok. I'll be honest. I fell off the wagon. Let's just say I fell hard enough that I was temporarily happy to have a bubble butt because without it, my tail bone would be busted. But I'm going to do better this week. My problem is that I'm working a lot this week and I'm lazy. I know, lots of you think I'm not lazy, but I'm here to tell you that yes, I'm lazy as hell. I can't get out of bed ten minutes early to make a sandwich to eat at work later. Nope. Instead, it's just easier to drive somewhere, order something I won't even like, pay $5, and then eat it. I don't know about you, but when I think about it like that it looks like a lot more work. So maybe I'm not lazy.. maybe I don't like short cuts? I don't know. So my goal is to make myself a lunch for the rest of the week. And stick to it. Not only because it's better for me but I can't be spending money on lunches everyday. Yikes.

So what would you consider to be your #1 problem area?

7 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

My #1 problem is for sure without a doubt, comfort eating.

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Thunder thighs are go.................
Sorry that's thunderbirds my bad......

Anyway I have always had fat thight but would love to have the thighs I has when I was in my 20's or 30's but alas not the case.....it doesn't help that I do not like to do the execises that help them I will check out the link you add and see what I think.....

prettylittlereckless said...

My problem area is definitely my thighs. I would say my arms too, but I know if I just in general lose some weight and get back to doing weights- I have nothing to worry about there. The thighs though? UGH. I've never had good looking thighs. Never. But when I was running for cheerleading, they were muscular and definitely not the fat I have now. They were more defined. So.... I need to really walk and ease my way into running. And I just went walking tonight with a friend and we did about 3 miles! So if I walk/run what we did tonight- hopefully I'll see results. My stomach is an issue right now, but if I lose 15lbs it'll be fine. My stomach was the last place I gained weight, so it'll mean it'll be the first place to come off. But I do plan on doing situps again too!

cakeologist said...

I am going to email you a great ab workout...just be prepared not to laugh, cough or sneeze for a few days after you do it...unless you really like pain:)

Ang said...

my areas are the same as yours... ugh. Now I'm off to look at that stupid link you posted - I might hate you for this.

Jen said...

I fail at making lunches, too. When there aren't leftovers ready to grab in the morning, I usually end up going out for lunch. But I'm lucky that my office has a cafeteria, so at least I can get a salad. I hate spending $ on lettuce, but at least I'm not eating crap and spending $.

Awwsumkitteh said...

I have these really muscular thighs that make it awkward to buy pants for. Any little weight gain and I have to buy a new pair of pants.