Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th. Of course.

My knee jerk reaction would be to do a post on how I think Casey Anthony got away with murder and how the Florida Education System needs to beef up it's verbal and reading comprehension programs since their citizens appear to be idiots, but I won't. Instead..

I have pictures of a pretty uneventful Fourth of July weekend. I had plans to have a party at my house like I usually do, but all of my favorite people were otherwise busy so I wasn't feeling like putting the effort in. I did do a couple of fun things to share.

We went to the parade in town, which is known for being extremely long. The kids only last an hour and a half, which was fine because I was starting to burn anyways.

 I always get emotional at the beginning of the parade when all of the military vehicles and veterans go by. I don't know why, but I tear up. This year I spotted this vehicle that said, "Heaven, Hell or Home" and that got to me.
 Neither kid gets the concept of running out into the road to get candy. Which is probably a good thing because I won't necessarily worry about them running into the road randomly. But this is what they looked like patiently waiting for candy to be thrown directly at them.
 And this was a youth orchestra group that gained mega points for playing a Coldplay song.
 Somewhere in my previous posts I know I mentioned my neighbors who I'm sure sell drugs and I refer to them as the Mexicans because I can't think of a better name. And I know I mentioned they have a ghetto-riffic car that they bounce up and down the street and drive on three wheels so their muffler and back fender drag on the ground. Well, I've not been able to get a picture of the car in action until now. Wouldn't you know it, they drove down the parade route as a float. Welcome to WisCOMPton.
 After the parade we got a quick lunch in town and then drove out to Matt's parents house for a BBQ dinner and just hanging out. Jackson got his hair cut because Matt said he preferred it short. My boy looks like a big kid now.
See? Big boy. Sad mama.
 And then after dinner we had smores, which are my first of the summer. Sad, right? I think so.
 Nobody was more excited about the smores as Jackson was. He was also the messiest.
And so there it was. We didn't go to see the fireworks down the street from our house because Olivia has this summer cold/flu that everyone seems to be getting, and that Jackson and I have already had. What's particularly awful about that is that since neither kid knows how to get phlegm out of their throat, they will either throw it up or it comes out of their eyes. No, I'm not joking. It comes out as gobs of boogers in their eyes. GAG. Seriously, GAG. Ugh.

11 comments:

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Never seen phlegm coming out of eyes but the thought of it is really yuck. My girls would often throw up because that was the only way the could get rid of it, usually after I hae plasted their chest and backs with chest rub........

Ok maybe you didn't have a big do on the 4th but sometimes a nice quiet time with the family is fun.....

Jennifer Kay said...

Love the hair, seriously!

Shirley said...

I think Mexican car is probably as accurate as you are going to get. How do I know? Because I drove a car just like that in high school. My uncle lent it to me while he was in prison.

Dana said...

It's hilarious that car was in the parade! Jackson looks so cute with his haircut.

Oilfield Trash said...

They have mexican cars up there that far north? lol

Ang said...

Sometimes the BEST weekends are 'uneventful'!

But tell me this - WHY THE FUCK is the Mexican's car in the parade? You must find out more...

Canadianbloggergirl said...

totally relate with the phlegm thing, Sweet Pea does the same thing.

Fireworks, not really missing a whole lot. We were out on the boat, got eaten alive with mosiquitos and Sweet Pea fell asleep covering her ears because she said the fireworks were too noisy.

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

When I was a kid, my mom never let me go out and pick up candy. I never got any either.

thecurseofcurvesinmpls said...

I'm lovin that car. Though I think I'd get motion sickness being in it...or a boob would pop out from all the bouncing.

prettylittlereckless said...

oh my! Jackson is looking so big! Are you sure he's 3?

I would've rather watched your parade. I went to a BOAT parade. lol. So lame. The sheriff was leading it and lmao... they waved at the crowds too.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I keep trying to get Trevor to let his grow but he likes it short too. Oh well it makes his big eyes show up even more.

I'm not a big smores fan. I'd rather just eat the chocolate :)