Friday, July 8, 2011

Dear Sara love you long time.

I have a few questions for this week so we'll get it on. It's going to be quick and dirty. At least I hope so I can use my Kohl's Cash tonight.

I have this friend whom I'm pretty sure writes blog posts directed at me. She says we're friends, but I really don't think so sometimes. She'll only talk to me when she needs something. Normally I don't care, but when someone is being passive aggressive and it clearly sounds like it's about me, that's where I draw the line. What do I do? Call her out on it? She doesn't have the easiest life and I feel like a major bitch if I were to basically tell her she's being horribly rude. I don't want to add to her stress. Help a sister out!    I would absolutely call her out. I think in society today people really feel like they have the right to say anything about a person so long as they are passive aggressive and don't name names. Well... I think that's shit. Mostly because I have the attitude of calling people out when they've done something wrong. People are so ignorant and bitchy and awful because nobody ever tells them it's not acceptable and it won't be tolerated.

You're getting ready to run a half marathon or other races... are you doing the Couch to 5K thing or something else? I want to try but honestly, the thought of running makes me ill.   One thing you should know about me is I like structure. But on the other hand, I hate feeling like a failure when I fail to conform to that structure. That means that no, I'm not following any program persay. Basically I know that through trial and error I *can* run a full mile without dying. So I basically force myself to go the mile and then try to add a little on. If I have to walk after for a block or two, that's OK. I just try to run a few more blocks. Basically, I'm hoping this method doesn't fail me.  

I have a friend who has only been a friend for a few months, really. I've known her for a lot longer but it was through other people and only in the last six months have we started hanging out. I thought we were good friends, but it turns out we really weren't because she's mad at me but I don't know why. Should I try to repair it or walk away?   Hey! I've got experience in this! Honestly, I can count on one hand how many friends I've had that I have lost because of something other than just moving away or growing apart. I consider myself to be a good friend because I do try to do a lot for as many people as I can but I've had two times where that's backfired and I've lost a friend because I just can't do everything all of the time. So, with that being said. I say if the friendship meant anything to you, try to repair it. All you can do is reach out to that person, let them know you'd like to work through it and if they don't respond? They weren't worth your time anyways.

My fiance and I are getting married in two months and I'm kind of nervous? Not that I think I picked the wrong guy but that in a few years I'll think I should have waited. Is this common and how do I handle that?   Totally common. I will be the first to admit I don't have the ideal marriage. I was way too young when I got married (22), I had no idea what a real relationship really was because I hadn't had anything bad to work through with Matt to know how we'd handle it. And that sucked because we had some serious issues in 2007, three years after we got married. Let me tell you first hand that if I can get through that and still be married to Matt, anything else (short of criminal activity obviously) is easy. EASY. The key is to remember that marriage ebbs and flows. You will wake up irritated with the other person and want out. It might last weeks or months. But it will always go back to where things are awesome and good. I think that if you really listen to your vows and adhere to them, no matter what comes your way, legit good or bad, you'll be fine.

I see that you are a couponing queen, but as a long time reader.. I miss Domestic Bitch! Are you bringing the sexy back? Please???   Yes. Check back TOMORROW for Domestic Bitch Sara. I'm thinking it'll be my Saturday posts. I miss it too. I have new recipes to try and I'll share those with you, I'll maybe share some good online coupons? Freebies? I'm not sure yet. But I will bring it back because I've had requests and/or complaints that I slacked off. SORRY. SETTLE DOWN.

I'm having a baby at the end of July, and of all of the things that are coming... I'm worried and grossed out by the umbilical cord. How gross is it really? Am I going to vomit?   Well, I am a baby when it comes to anything gross and I will tell you... it's kind of nasty. Only because when you think about it, it's rotting off of your child. But here's what I learned- with Olivia? I over cleaned it. Like, I cleaned it at EVERY diaper change because the What To Expect books told me so. They are filthy whore liars. Her doctor told me not to because you want it to harbor some bacteria... that's what "eats" it off or whatever. So if you only do it once or twice a day (or obviously if your child's ass explodes and she's covered in poop) and it goes faster. And with both kids, it got to the point where it was like...hanging? It was nasty. But Matt twirled it around until it just fell off. But yeah. It's kind of gross to look at. No lie.

OK! That's it for this week. Do you having a burning question? Life contemplation? Personal or not, send them to me at sarastrand9438(at)hotmail(dot)com.

8 comments:

Lost.in.Idaho said...

To Q #1: If it turns out it's NOT about you, then the blogger has every right to sing "You're so vain, and you probably thought this blog was about you" in public.

I love Dear Sara!

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Some great advice there Sara, yes marriage is hard work and if a person is not prepaired to work at it then they really shouldn't be married or in a serious realationship as it all takes work. Nothing is always sunshine and roses sometimes it is storms and shit.......lol Tim and I have had a rough times over the years but we are still in love with each other and that helps a lot.

I also agree with not cleaning the umbilical cord to much and yes it is gross but sometimes changing bubs nappy is gross....Tim could deal with the umbilical cord but not the dirty nappies.....lol

prettylittlereckless said...

Oh God... I think I just threw up a little about the ambilical cord talk....

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Great answers Sara. But I miss your vlog on "Ask Sara".

This lambwhore needs her Sara visual!

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Hmm haven't thought about an umbilical cord in ages. Guess that's what happens when your youngest is 8. My word of advice on that one? That's the LEAST gross thing you'll have to worry about once the kid comes out haha.

Oilfield Trash said...

Love the Dear Sara posts.

karen said...

Visiting from the Lady Bloggers Tea Party. This is my first visit to your blog and I love your attitude....tell it like it is sista! Come visit me sometime at http://lilmuna.blogspot.com

Savvy Working Gal said...

I am constantly amazed by the quality of blogs I find through LBS. This is a great post and excellent advice. I felt as if I was eavesdropping on a conversation between two friends.