Saturday, July 16, 2011

Domestic Bitch: 700, Buttons, Chops and Furniture Haulers.

For my 700th post (right here, hence the "700" in the title..) you are going to get a whole bunch of random which is.... Domestic Bitch Saturday.

First up, free shit.

Alpo Dog Food
Garnier Shampoo/Conditioner
Honey Nut Cheerios
o.b. trial pack (this is cute and fits in your purse)
U by Kotex
Shout Wipes (facebook offer)

Next up, food.

This week I tried a new marinade that was made for chicken on a Rachael Ray show, but since we're having pork chops a ton in the next three weeks (buy one, get one!!) I decided I could make it work. So you need: about a 1/4 cup of olive oil, a spoonful of garlic, a chopped onion, a shit ton of parsley, meat and a good squirt honey.
 Mix all of your stuff (except for meat) really well, then add meat. Let those bitches do dirty but tasty things in that bowl for like... 20 minutes.
 Then grill them. Or cook them in a pan... we grilled. It was yummy.
My crafty project this week was something I saw in a store that I wanted, but was clearly something I could make on my own because I am awesome. But yourself a plain old wood mirror.
 You are also going to need a super duper glue (I am kind of scared of a hot glue gun, so I use this E6000 for EVERYTHING. I happen to know that it's strong enough to glue a person's butt to a chair.), and an assload of buttons. 
 Before I start gluing buttons on like a crazy lady, I painted my wood frame first. Mostly because once I got to thinking about it, I realized I wouldn't be able to cover up all the wood and the wood isn't cute. So I used a pale yellow color (called Banana.. even though I don't think this is really the color of a banana), let that dry and then glued like a crazy lady. And if you're too lazy to make this or can't glue something without wanting to eat the glue, you can buy it in my shop HERE.
 And my other major project this weekend was cleaning, reorganizing, and rearranging both Olivia and Jackson's rooms. If you don't have children you can't appreciate the awfulness of this task. Kids have a way of keeping the most random collection of shit, shoving into every hiding space and crevice, and then refuse to part with it. And I swear to you- Olivia is a hoarder. Or at least the beginning stages of hoarding. I found wrappers, broken toys, erasers chewed on by a cat (or Jackson- jury still out on that) and a god dam SANDWICH in her room, and she cried, and I mean CRIED, when I threw it out. When I tell you that it took me five hours to do both rooms, I'm not kidding. And when I tell you about three of that was spent explaining the reasons we don't need to keep juice box straw wrappers, I'm not kidding. But here's the finished product:
 And we moved her bed away from the wall too. Her room is quite large, and this makes it seem less empty.
 And Jackson's room. Oh my. That boy is just messy. He really enjoys sweeping, mopping and dusting, but not so much putting stuff away. So I spent a LOT of time in his room just putting the pieces back to toys and puzzles. And I turned his bed around so he has more playing room.
 And I realized that this is the first time you've seen these paintings.. even though I've had them for... like two years. Oh man. But I changed each kids room over from baby to big kid room when they turned two. And I knew I was going to do a car/truck theme for his room and I really hated all of the artwork I was seeing in stores. So I asked my super talented and amazing and lovely and adorable blog friend Jamie if she'd be interested in making three paintings and I pay her. She did, and they are awesome. They match his bedding perfectly and they are definitely one of a kind. She rocks.
 So that was my week and weekend. I have a couple of other recipes I'm going to try next week so hopefully those don't suck and I have something yummy to share with you.

7 comments:

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Love the frame! Very cute idea! May have to try that out myself!

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Veronica Marcetti Dimick said...

Well done! That marinade looks awesome! I will definitely try it.

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Wow you have done some nice things to the kids rooms and the button frame looks great, I like to marinade my steak and chicken and pork also makes it taste a lot nicer.....

Oilfield Trash said...

Wow you have been a busy woman today.

And pic of the meal looks good.

middle child said...

Um. Would you come and clean my room?

prettylittlereckless said...

You were uber productive! And I think I might try that recipe. Mmmmm....

____j said...

I hate Rachael Ray, but those pork chops look awesome. & I love the way you hung the paintings [and glad you still like them ;)]