Monday, July 11, 2011

Weightloss Monday: It's Official.

Well, I may not have done a whole TON of exercise this week but I feel like I've made some pretty darn good progress. First off, I did run three times last week, so that's good. I've gotten myself up to 1.25 miles without dry heaving. That's really good because.....

I've signed up for my FIRST 5K. I know. I have teased you with this 5K business before, but this shit is legit. I have already registered, paid my $30 fee and I'm now trying to run enough to get through it and not make an asshole of myself. I was planning on doing the Hog Jog with my friend Amy but schedules changed, things came up, and so basically- it's a no go for this year. But we WILL do it next year because we were meant to rock out the Hog Jog. It's pretty much destiny.

But this year I'm doing this one because it's local. The only downside is I pretty much have some other commitments on that day so I'm going to have to juggle stuff around. Fortunately, this is in the morning which will make everything else more do-able and less stressful. The downside is... well it's in August. And August can be kind of warm in these parts so at this point, I'm hoping to not have a super hot day. Mostly because if I've learned nothing else about running, it's that it's really a special kind of hell to run in anything warmer than 70 degrees. I figure 75 is maybe my breaking point because anything after that makes my lungs feel like they are inflating and deflating on their own and not in a good way.

On a really good note, my mom said I looked really pretty today and my dad told me I look skinny. I don't care how old you are, having your parents say nice things to you always rocks. So that made me feel good and it's kind of a motivator to keep going. And not embarrass all of my friends and family in my first 5K.

10 comments:

annahita said...

Congrats!! That's awesome, you're going to kick major ass - I know it! :)

The Simple Dude said...

Good luck with the run - you're right, it's not much fun running in the heat.

I'm going to be up in your part of the world this week. The Lady Friend and I are staying on the north shore Wed & Thurs nights, then probably staying in Duluth Friday night.

SD
TheSimpleDude.com

Oilfield Trash said...

You will be ok in the 5K.

And that was pretty nice of your parents to say that to you. I told you that you were losing weight, but you don't ever believe me. lol

Danielle said...

That's awesome that you signed up for a 5k! I'm jealous! I wish I could run! I love when my parents say nice things to me, and I have to say that the pictures you posted the other day in your post, you absolutely looked FABULOUS! Keep up the good work chick!

prettylittlereckless said...

I'm super sad we won't be doing hte Hog Jog until next year. :( It would've motivated me so much to really run. I guess starting with 5mi walking isn't too bad though?

You're gonna rock it! YAY!

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Good for you for setting a goal and working towards accomplishing it!

Every girl/boy needs their mommas and papas to love them no matter how old they are.

I admit I still need 'em now and then, more so lately.

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Annah said...

Ain't that the truth... A nice compliment from my parents always tops anything from anyone! :)

Congratulations on the progress, darling. You do look pretty, because you are. Duh!

Ang said...

having your parents say something and notice is like a reward all in it own, FOR SURE!!! Keep it up!

Cherie said...

Congrats on signing up for the 5K! I've been wanting to do something like that for awhile, but I know I'm way too out of shape right now.

Glad your parents noticed! Mine recently told me I'd gained weight.. as if I didn't know. Thanks Mom. Haha.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I hope it won't be too hot for you! I was so going to do one awhile back but I fell off my c25k and could never get back into it. I really need to try again!