Saturday, August 6, 2011

Domestic Bitch Saturday! WEE!

You know the drill, I give you some freebies, talk about my weekly menu and shopping trips, and then a project. Sadly, this week I have no project to show you since I'm getting back into the swing of things from Vegas, so I promise next week to have one.

Freebies:

Head and Shoulders
Huggies
John Frieda Root Awakening
Kashi cereal or granola bar
Home Made Simple book (get this- TONS of coupons!!)

This week's menu: (remember, those with a * next to them is a new recipe)
Monday: Cheesy Mac & Beef *
Tuesday: Chipotle Chicken *
Wednesday: Stuffed Shells
Thursday: Beef Tips and Twice Baked Potatoes with Green Beans
Friday: Chicken Stew
Saturday: Spaghetti
Sunday: Pork Loin in Crock Pot, and some kind of new potato I've not decided.

I also don't have a new recipe that I tried last week since we ate the rations I had on hand so I'm missing that component too.

What I can talk about is my couponing. I've been doing VERY well with Olivia's school supplies and I think I have gotten all but the Lysol wipes (which I'm waiting for a good sale to use my coupon on) for under $20. NOT BAD at all. The most expensive item I've gotten was $1.88 so I'm kind of excited about that. I also stocked up on pens, pencils, etc that I got for free for future years' use since she didn't need pens this year. I also did my biweekly Target shopping and I only spent $52 on almost $100 worth of stuff, so I saved about half. I had my brother with me and though he was a bit mortified seeing me with a huge stack of coupons, he shut up when he realized how much I saved AND scored him free deodorant and razors.

What recipes are you trying this week? I need some ideas for future weeks. Any ideas on the kind of project you want to see? I have a few ideas thanks to Pinterest, but other than that... I'm kind of feeling uncrafty. Which isn't a good thing considering the massive amount of craft supplies I have.

Come back tomorrow so I can tell you about my 5K. Oh yes, it's amazing.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Good job on the shopping. School supplies can get pricey. My kid is starting high school so I have to wait until school starts and her teachers tell her what they want her to have.

prettylittlereckless said...

My parents definitely used to stock up on cheap stuff when we were in school. I remember them buying basically a whole case of those cheap notebooks. I think they were usually 10cents each. And then we always required loose leaf paper and had a bunch of that on-hand at all times. To be honest, we're STILL using the last of those notebooks/looseleaf paper. Annnnd my mom just gave me 3 boxes of new crayons she had from when I was in school. Insane. But stock up while you can!

I made chicken and dumplings tonight. SUPER EASY. Let me know if you want the recipe :)

Kattrina said...

I can't wait to hear about your 5k!!!! I'm so happy for you and I really, really, really hope it went well. I did 12 miles on Saturday which is amazing because three short months ago I could barely do 3. Will there be more in your future? It had to be better than the hamster mill, right?