Sunday, August 14, 2011

You know the economy is bad when...

.. people resort to making their own wheelchairs. Fortunately for you, I have an actual photograph displaying this.

I saw this beast on my way home from work one night last week. This also was the scene of an accident involving an old guy and his Lincoln versus a gigantic Dodge Ram. I'll let you guess which car ended up being totaled and in this yard.

But seriously- that cushion is from a Shop Ko rocking chair (I know this because I used to own one, bitches) strapped to what appears to be... bicycle tires? I mean, kind of fucking genius if you ask me. Obviously their disability check is pending or something.

Another story I have seen on Facebook which appears to be a trending thing is that people are stealing newspapers from newspaper stands. Now, I might just be a pessimistic asshole but I have always wondered how that wasn't a bigger crime? Like, you put your $1.50 in for a Sunday paper, it opens and you grab one. Well, what's really stopping you from grabbing all of them? Maybe knowing you'll get in trouble, but truly- how is this not a bigger deal? Of course, almost everyone on Facebook is blaming the dumpster diving ladies of the Extreme Couponing show, or the women who drive around to foreclosed houses and grab their newspapers for this. I'm lucky that my gas station lets me have whatever their leftover papers on Mondays, but I use them for other things, not just coupons. If I'm lucky all the inserts haven't been completely stolen. The gas station people tell me women have come into the store and literally just went through papers taking inserts. Um, considering the papers are directly in front of the counter this seems a bit strange. Why aren't employees telling them not to?

I don't know. But now I kind of feel like stealing a bunch of newspapers just because it's proven that I can. I won't because that involves me getting dressed right now and that defeats the purpose of a lazy Sunday.

Speaking of lazy Sunday- you'll notice I've been quiet since Thursday. Well folks, I have had the WORST case of poops ever. I'm not even kidding and I'm not trying to gross you out. But it started Friday evening, I was up ALL NIGHT and I seriously thought I was dying. I hadn't eaten lunch or dinner so quite frankly, I wasn't sure where it was coming from. Then Saturday was even worse. If I didn't already have my period (seriously, this weekend blows) I would have thought I was in labor. I mean, it felt *exactly* like contractions. I think around 2am Saturday morning I started lamaze breathing and was looking online if it's possible to give birth while having your period because I was in that much pain.

Fortunately, I'm better now. I still feel like I have a woozy stomach but I'm at least eating and not spending the majority of my day in the bathroom. Win.

So um, how was YOUR weekend?

7 comments:

Priyanka said...

hahah mine was great! thankfully not spent in the washroom..i had a bad case of sniffles though..but m all better now! :) take care!

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Ok where to start you spending so much time in the bathroom or the homemade wheel chair or people stealing newspapers so much in one post........I think I will start with the homemade wheel chair it is terrible when money is so tight that people have to make their own wheelchair............

You know what really sucks about having the runs when it stinks as well and you can't escape the smell.......lol

Ok one think to pinch yesterdays paper out of a bin or even from the yard of an empty house but to go into a service station and go throught the paper picking out what you want bloody hell talking about hide.........

Steff said...

Sounds like such a shitty weekend! (God, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself...)

Even though we live nowhere near each other, that's totally going around! My mom, sister and niece had that same thing happen and my sister even went to the hospital because she totally felt like she was dying!

Hope you feel better soon!

Shirley said...

Good news...your weigh in this week will be awesome!

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Ugh that sucks. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better!!

prettylittlereckless said...

haha what shirley said- weigh in will be a breeze!

I just saw The Help tonight and omg you NEED to go see that! But otherwise my wknd was lame-o and I was so bored I cleaned. lol

thecurseofcurvesinmpls said...

So I went to the trashiest wedding this weekend and mid-vows I escaped down the aisle and straight for the bathroom to shit my brains out. As I'm puking out my butt I find it hilarious to text my boyfriend that weddings give me the runs and clearly I'm not the marrying kind. His response: "I think you get classier everyday." Haha.

As far as the newspaper thing goes, this makes me kinda sad. I mean, the era of good old fashioned coffee and newspaper is out the window and the companies are barely surviving. So many good journalists with the gift of writing have lost what truly matters most to them. If we won't pay $1.50 for a newspaper every Sunday to get $50 worth of coupon savings and some great news/articles then that's just damn sad.