Saturday, September 17, 2011

Domestic Bitch Saturday- all kinds of good stuff for you.

You how I am- I'm a giver. So I have an entire post of good stuff I know you will like. Because you are lambwhores and lambwhores loves awesome stuff. So let's get to this bitch, shall we?

Free cookbook
Free sample of Crest 3D something or another
Free sample of Downey Unstoppables (it's a Facebook offer)
Free subscription to Baby Talk

Hopefully, this still works for you. First, you need to register HERE and then you go HERE to get a buy one/get one Del Monte Fruit Naturals cups. I haven't gotten my coupon yet so after I'm done posting I'll give it a try.

This week I'm also going to be doing a giveaway for customized brochures.. so stay tuned for that.

My recipe this week was from Pinterest (of course.. I'm out of control and I'm trying to stay away this WHOLE weekend.) and it was a Crescent Roll Casserole.

2 (8oz) cans crescent rolls
1 can of cream of chicken soup (I used chicken gravy because I think cream of chicken soup is yuck)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup whipping cream

filling:
4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
4 tbsp butter (softened)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup onion (finely chopped)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2-4 tbsp mayo or whipping cream
2 large chicken boobs chopped

(You also need some cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top.)

Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease your casserole dish. I used a 9x13. In a saucepan, mix whipping cream, 3/4 cup of cheese, and soup/gravy. Heat until cheese is melted, remove from heat and set aside.

In another bowl, mix your cream cheese and butter until smooth, add garlic powder. Add in the chicken, onion and cheddar cheese. Mix and add 2tbsps of mayo/whipping cream. Season with salt/pepper.

Drizzle a small amount of your soup/gravy mixture to cover the bottom of your dish. Unroll your crescent rolls and place a spoonful of your chicken mixture on top of each triangle, roll. Place into your dish seam side DOWN. Once they are all rolled, drizzle remaining soup mixture on top and sprinkle 1-2 cups of cheddar cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until warm and bubbly.

 It was pretty good and I made it with green beans since I have enough green beans to get us through the apocalypse.

My project this week... well I actually did a lot. But the big one I am the most excited about is that I am taking a beginning cake decorating class! I know. I'm such a fucking failure with baking cakes that I think I need professional help. So my friend Emily and I are taking one through the Continuing Education program at the college we work at and we had our first class on Thursday. We learned that I? Am a mother fucking NINJA at the star tip frosting thingies.
 My cookies have brown frosting and Emily's are in pink.
 The funny and gross thing is that our class is being held in the same class room where they dissect things for some of the medical classes. Kind of gross, right? We also are breaking rules. Next week I'll show a picture of the bucket that said it had cow parts in it. I'm not even kidding.
So that's my week. I'm excited for my class... so every week you will get to see how much I am (hopefully) rocking the class. It's a good group of ladies so I am looking forward to going. There are like two other levels of classes after this one, so if it's still fun we might sign up for those. We'll see.

OK- so what did YOU do this week??

3 comments:

Mom Taxi Julie said...

My mom took a cake deco class when I was a kid. I remember cakes decorated entirely in that star tip :)

I've been all kinds of crafty working on this baby shower stuff. It's super fun :)

Ruth said...

Those are great stars. I am hit and miss with decorating. Sometimes it comes out good. Other times really sucky.
That's why Kiddo had her name spelled with chocolate chips on her birthday cake.
I ran all over the place looking at trucks and traded the car in on one Friday.
Than did a family get together yesterday for an uncle that died.

prettylittlereckless said...

That recipe looks super easy! Not sure I would make it though because that's a lot of chicken?

But yay for your cake class!!! Definitely looks like you rocked the star tip so far :)