Thursday, September 22, 2011

Have you ever...

..felt so slimy and dirty that you can barely stand yourself? Or smell like sugar but in a really unsexy way? Or maybe have white crust in your hair?

Nope- it's not a blow job gone wrong, it's night two of cake decorating class!

Tonight my friend Emily and I went to our second night and we had to bring a cake and two batches of frosting. Mine was too stiff, and it is a pain in the ass to thin it out in a cup with a flat spatula.. so I borrowed some of Emily's. Next week I know to thin it a lot more though the instructor said to bring stiff. Don't bring stiff. Anyways.

My cake came out of the pans for the FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE. It was a miracle and if I were a drinker it would have been cause for some drinks. Sadly, my water and Ritz crackers had to do. Emily... well she had good intentions. But her husband couldn't find a toothpick, so he used a wooden spoon to test it's doneness. No, I'm not kidding.

 Exhibit A: How not to check a cake's doneness.

So then we learned how to make dots and dragging dot things. And how to frost.

I suck at frosting. I really do. I can say I have never done frosting on the sides (since I can't get them out of the pans... except now!!) so I kind of killed mine. BUT.. I have my dots down!
 And just like I called it in class, Matt's first comment was why did I decorate my cake with nipples. *sigh*

Emily's cake was pretty too. We learned how to do curvy lines and zig zag lines which I forgot to do on my cake, but she did.
 And because someone emailed and asked if we were legit in the room where they dissect things...
Yes. Yes we actually are. *Bring on the Lysol wipes*

I have to say after just two classes, I know I am not nearly as talented as every other person in the class is and I really struggled tonight. BUT, I am having a blast. I almost peed myself from laughing so hard and I look forward to going every week. So I am pretty sure I am going to sign up for the second level of class. YAY.

7 comments:

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I can't believe they use that same room. I'd be using clorox wipes for sure.

My mom had a ceiling fan in her bedroom and she got rid of it because she said it looked like a boob lol.

Ruth said...

You are doing great and now you'll be able to do cakes for the kids' birthdays.

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

The cakes look good but how did they taste that is the important thing.

asj said...

so much fun! I want to take a cake decorating class now, your cake is uber cute!

prettylittlereckless said...

You're going to be opening a bakery in no time ;) But tell Emily that she could've checked her cake with a knife. That's what I use :)

Dana said...

That is so gross you use the same room! Both cakes turned out great!

____j said...

I like your cake even if the dots resemble nipples haha This post inspired me to text my friend [who is a cake decorator] & ask her to offer lessons ;)