A few months ago I was following a series of posts on another blog about the KY Intimacy Experiment. I was immediately interested in this because like most married couples, Matt and I have hit a rut. What most newlyweds don't know is that you too will hit a rut. Every couple does. Eventually you take for granted your partner and long gone are the days of great sex every night and feeling the urgency to get home. These days the urgency to get home is because I have to grab something and go right back out again. Matt and I hardly make time for each other and when we do, we're both too tired to care.
It is time for an intervention.
So here we are. Matt and I are taking part in the KY Intimacy Experiment and I am going to document it so you can see if it really works. The great part about this is that TWO of my lucky readers are going to get the chance to win their own kit if they have the guts to document their journey as well. I'm going to be walking you through the program, talking about the products and talking about our experiences. If you would like more information about this or see what others are saying, check out Couples Place on Facebook. So here is the kit we received:
Day One: Love Nest
Our daytime activity is to basically transform our bedroom into somewhere we want to be. It means cleaning up the room and making it a romantic area. What I'd really like to do requires more money than we have, so we made little changes and went from this:
Our night activity was to basically christen the room. And we did. Some to the questions asked of us in our workbook were:
1. How did your bedroom seem to affect your sex life before the revamp and after? Before our room was just the dumping zone of stuff and everytime we would come in here we'd see one more thing we need to do so it's hard to get in the mood when you see things waiting to be done. Now those are all gone so we walk in and we know exactly what is meant to happen.
2. What effects did the flowers, candles, and music have on your mood? We didn't add flowers because the cats just eat them. But the candles reminded us of our old apartment.. and that was a good thing.
3. Did you notice any changes in the way you responded to your partner and vice versa? Yes because it was kind of exciting to know all day that we had to christen our room. And to be honest? It's really awesome to have a totall clean room free of kid crap and things we need to get done. So much nicer.
I have to say, I was pretty happy Matt decided to do these challenges willingly with me. He was totally into cleaning the room and I hope he can keep this momentum going!
OK- so every Saturday night I will post about the KY Intimacy Experiment and offer you chances to win your own kit. At the end of the experiment I will put all of your entries from every single post into a bucket to win. So you are going to have a lot of chances to win... I highly encourage you to enter and spread the word. Here are your chances (and you MUST be a follower through GFC, and you MUST leave me your email address so if you win I can contact you!):
1. Comment on this post- what would you like to change about YOUR love nest?
2. Share this on Twitter (leave separate comment)
3. Share this on Facebook (leave separate comment)
4. "Like" CouplesPlace on Facebook (leave separate comment)
I wrote this post while participating in a blog campaign on behalf of K-Y® Brand and also received product samples to help facilitate my review.