Monday, September 19, 2011

Weight Loss Monday: Looking good!

I just want to do a quick post for you because I have a LOT to get done this evening. Can I just say having Olivia in school, Jackson in toddler class, me in cake decorating class and then my regular life is kind of crazy? Like legit insane.

BUT... I still made time for exercise last week. I was having a conversation with a good friend last week about this- people can think of every reason in the book NOT to do something. If they spent half that energy actually doing it, they'd feel so much better. So I have to try to think like that for myself when I feel like a lazy fat ass.

Last week I tried out a zumba class with two friends/coworkers on Tuesday. Though I had no idea what the hell I was doing, I really enjoyed myself. I pretty much messed up a lot and could barely keep up for the hour but the hour went by really quickly and afterwards I got a mini run in (one mile). The only annoying thing about zumba is that the people who know what they are doing should be in front, not the woman who had no idea what she's doing because she was messing me up. AND she was all over the place so then I had to be all over the place to see what the instructor was doing. I will be going again tomorrow. I think I'm going to stick to it being my Tuesday work out because it is fun and at least I feel accountable to go.

Then I concentrated on some ab exercises and some more arm exercises because those two areas I know I should be doing a lot more in, and I just have to do it. Then on Saturday I went for another mini run (one mile) and I felt pretty good, but out of shape. I don't know why I feel like every time I run a mile it requires so much damn effort. When is it going to feel like nothing to run a mile? WHEN, people?!

I've also been trying very hard to watch how much I'm eating. I feel like I've really cut down on my calorie intake, I've upped my water and I'm forever in motion. And I feel like I look kind of good too:
Look at how skinny my legs are getting! And look-- I don't look pregnant! It's a miracle!

But I do notice I feel better on days I work out... so I guess that should be my incentive to keep going.

16 comments:

Kathy S said...

Congrats!

Jennifer Kay said...

Ooohh La La Mama, youza lookin' fancy!!! Love the outit too. Keep up the good work!

Ann said...

Woot! Woot! Hot tamale!

I adore Zumba...but then again I'm a dancer, so it's easy for me. As long as you're having fun, who cares what you look like!

Been slacking as of late, especially in the food dept...time to kick my own ass into gear again.

Shirley said...

Good job sexy lady!!!! Keep up the good work.

prettylittlereckless said...

woot woot! hey there pretty lady.... ;) haha

you're doing great!

Ruth said...

You are looking good.
Sometimes I think there are just some things that are always hard.
Like my shoulders hurt every time I exercise that area. I'd think after a while it would get better. Never does. :(

Smart Ass Sara said...

Thanks lovely lambwhores. :)

____j said...

Definitely looking good, Sara. Maybe you will be my motivation to work out now.

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Wow aren't you looking good.....way to go girl.

Josie said...

You look fantastic! I need a zumba buddy around here, because I am NOT going by myself haha. What do you do for your arms?

Ang said...

way to rock it hooker! speaking of hookers... maybe you could be a hooker?! they put in some miles walking the street, no? Not to mention the calories burned during the sexy time ;)

mostly kidding, of course!

Oilfield Trash said...

Damn you are looking good. All that running in the neighborhood and on the fuckmill is paying off.

Ryan Adair said...

Man, the first time I went to do zumba.. I made such an ass out of myself, it was incredible.

Keep up the good work!

FinnyKnits said...

*wolf whistle* Looking good, hot stuff!

Zumba scares the crap out of me, but I promise you, the running will get easier. Just gotta keep it up.

Though, the best way I've found to make one mile easier is to run 3+ for a few weeks and then have a break day where you only run 1 mile.

Then it feels like a breeze.

Nikolett said...

You are GORGEOUS, dahling :) Honestly, I salute you for even running anything because I have no patience or endurance for running. So I just stick to dancing in place or running on the spot lol. And I also give you props for doing Zumba in public, since I tried a DVD at home and realized I'm a hot mess lol. But yes, you look fantastico, glad you're feeling great :D

Dana said...

Looking good!!