Monday, October 3, 2011

Hot Bitch Monday... and a case of the Oh No's.

Well folks, I forgot to weigh in for you as this is the first Monday of the month. Whoops.

But all is not failure up in here bitches. First up, I went to zumba last week, ran once, did stairs/ab work twice last week. I'm reducing the number of calories I'm taking in every day so that's a plus. The annoying thing is that my *brand new* pair of khakis pants that I absolutely adore and love a long time... don't fit. I know. I bought a size 12 because hey- I've been stuck there for awhile now. And they fit when I tried them on at the store. I've had them for about 3 weeks now and have worn them maybe three times.

Today? Those bitches are too big. Now, normally I wouldn't complain about this but I have seriously had some issues finding khakis that aren't lame and loser like. It took me a YEAR to find this pair. Do you think Kohl's or Kohls.com has them? No. Because it's a discontinued style. *sigh*

In other news, I think I'm really close to fully being a size 10! YAY. Some brands I'm still a 12, but that's OK because knowing that if I continue working out I'll probably be a legit size 10 is kind of amazaballs. Why? Because I was a size 10 when I met Matt over ten years ago. I know. It's kind of a big deal.

Hmm... what else? Oh. I decided that maybe my lofty goal of running a 13.1 mile marathon is a bit much since finishing a 5K was kind of hard and hey- I have really kept up with training for anything. Emily and I have decided that perhaps instead of running a half marathon in June that maybe we should just run a bunch of 5 and 10K races and have fun.

SO...

the Harvest Run is on October 15. It's a 5K on the Duluth Lakewalk which is flat boardwalk running surface. We're fairly certain there are no hills since it's along the beach and honestly- I don't know what kind of surprises we'd encounter. I mean, unless they have us detour off the Lakewalk onto one of the streets and then who KNOWS what we'd be up against because it is Duluth, land of the never ending pot holes and steep hills. But we're banking on it being 100% on the Lakewalk.

The only down side to this is that it's in mid-October. For those of you who don't know how much of an angry whore Lake Superior can be at any time of year, but especially in the fall, she's a real treat. At this point I am basically praying to the lake wind gods that they feel like having an off day. Mostly because a lake wind in October could be pretty awful. Like... high 30 degrees at best awful. So.. let's hope for that.

Since I have my next 5K coming up in just under two weeks I figured that I should you know... practice running. And guess what happens when you slack off? You start to suck balls. I went out for a one mile run tonight (hoping to do 1.5 miles on Wednesday, 1 mile Friday, 2 miles Saturday, etc) and yeah. It hurt and it was awful. I feel even less prepared for this 5K as I did for my first one. Our time for that one was 47 minutes. Emily and I both agree if we can't do better than 47 minutes on flat surface we're losers.

My new problem? I need a new bra, pronto. Like super pronto. Like, I almost went home and duck taped the girls down. There is way too much give in this bra and it is time for something that holds my girls in. This also is good news because when I bought this bra I could barely breath but I know from regular bra shopping I went down in bust size.. not cup. So, in the next two weeks I need to find money to buy myself a good sports bra so I don't take other runners (or Emily) out.

7 comments:

Deeds said...

the sports bras at target are pretty good. very good quality fabric. it breathes and keeps the girls in place.

prettylittlereckless said...

whoohooo!!!! it's awesome you're down another size, but sucky that those pants are discontinued. Boooo.. I hate that. Good luck on the running!

Ruth said...

I swear the best way to lose weight is to buy new clothes.
I needed new jeans and kept putting if off til I lost some weight. Finally I had to get some since my jeans just wore out.
I'd been trying to lose weight forever and I couldn't.
Bought new jeans and I have lost about 10 pounds so they are all baggy now.
I hope I don't need to buy another pair til after I lose 10 more or just look like I have.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Bummer about the pants being discontinued. I second the target suggestion for sports bras. They have long lasting uber supportive ones for reasonable prices

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Sounds like good problems to have! I usually wear 2 sports bras when I'm trying to run.

Cathy said...

Did you just complain about your pants being too big;)

Good luck on your 5k, especially with the winds. I could see that being brutal.

kallaydoscope.com said...

Girl, I'm WITH you!! I wouldn't say I like jean shopping, but I would definitely say that I prefer it over shopping for khakis. Hooray for size ten though! You can't hate that!