Thursday, October 13, 2011

Queen of the Button Flowers.

So... I signed up for the second session of cake decorating classes. I may not be super awesome at it, but it IS a super fun class to be taking. And this session is all about decorative flowers and I looked through the book and was so excited. And then I bought my kit for this session and got even MORE excited because now we get to use fun tool thingie do-da's. It's going to be super great.

Mostly this class we learned about gum paste (which smells kind of bad?) and colored it with our gel color stuff. Then we made pansies.
 You can't tell super well but this is a bright pink/orange pansy. And the edges are ruffled. I kind of suck at pansies. And yes- I realize the middle looks like a penis as Matt so nicely pointed out.

But then we got to use flower presses, which are seriously my new favorite thing. So I made a series of button flowers.
Guess who is going to go onto eBay to find more of these? Or just splurge at Michaels? This chick. I kind of love presses. So right now these are sitting on my counter drying. I feel like I need to make some cupcakes to use them on.

So next week we learn more flat flowers and my homework is to master royal icing. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of nervous. So this weekend will involve me trying to make it and getting it down perfect before class.

I'm tired. I'm going to bed. BUT I wanted you to see my progress tonight.

9 comments:

Mom Taxi Julie said...

awesome!! I should learn how to do this :)

Kathy S said...

They look awesome!

Kattrina said...

Very awesome!!! I bought some Crisco bars for you but haven't gotten a chance to mail them. I will send them soon, I promise. Are those fondant flowers? Great job!!!

Ang said...

this shit is so right up your alley!

Krystal said...

So cute! I do NOT seem to have enough patience for that kind of stuff. Good for you!

http://krystallitt.blogspot.com

prettylittlereckless said...

Gorgeous! I've always wanted to know how to make those :)

Ruth said...

I never would have looked at that pansy and saw a penis.
I never knew there were flower presses. Awesome!

____j said...

Those are cute! Also, have you signed up for Michael's weekly coupons via email? Because if so, you could splurge & not feel bad about it hahaha.

Dana said...

They look great!