Sunday, November 6, 2011

Domestic Bitch Saturday? Pasta, Cakes, and Cards.

I had every intention of giving you a post yesterday but I ran out of time before having to drive to Minneapolis for the Manchester Orchestra concert... which was great. It was really great and I'll post about that sometime this coming week. And tell you about the swingers.

So with that tease, let's talk about Domestic Bitch Saturday stuff. I was ubber productive this week despite battling migraines pretty much every day. I'm so over having migraines and pretty sure I probably have a brain tumor just waiting to be a tumor. I just know it. Mark my words.

ANYWAYS.

I pretty much conquered my version of Chicken Parmesan. I've been kind of messing around with sauces and stuff and I found a ghetto easy version and at this point- it tastes good, it's cheap, it's easy- why try harder to improve it? So here you go.

Sara's Super Easy Ghetto Chicken Parmesan
(serves a normal family with normal serving sizes of 4, or two fat asses)

1- package of chicken boobs, cooked and cubed. Season these mo'fo's.
1- jar of Prego Meat sauce (it's the only kind I like, but use what you want)
1- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1- 6 oz can of tomato paste
1- box of Rotini
2- cups of mozzarella
2- handfuls of parmesan cheese

Cook your chicken boobs thoroughly. When those are done, stir the tomato sauce and tomato paste together with the chicken, then add the spaghetti sauce. Decide you want to add parmesan cheese and accidentally throw in two handfuls. Stir until you think you haven't screwed it up. Cook your noodles half way, drain. Mix your chicken & sauce with your noodles. Place in a 9x13 casserole dish, top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 until it's all warm and bubbly- usually 30 minutes. Or longer depending on how shitty your oven is.
 And it was as delicious as it looked. Now I'm hungry again. Dammit.

This week also marked my last class of the second session of cake decorating- which meant that I was learning basket weave, reverse shell borders, rope border and we also did some daisies because we had some extra time.

Let's just put this out there: I kind of love basket weave and I am awesome at it.
 It just takes up a LOT of frosting. I mean... you use a LOT. I cannot emphasize how much frosting you actually use because it is a LOT. It also makes your cake ridiculously heavy.
 By the time I finished my basket weave, my frosting was warm and unhappy, so my rope border wasn't working. But it tasted damn good. Then of all of my royal icing flowers from previous weeks, these three roses were what I had left and could get off the parchment paper without breaking. I'm apparently kind of rough with them for no reason. But it worked anyways and miraculously I was able to get my rope border frosting the exact same color. Minor miracle.

Then I've been busy making cards for my Etsy shop. I have quite a few holiday cards in there right now (some even on super clearance!) and I've gotten a few ornaments in there so far. But let's see what's new:

Merry & Bright Snowman cards (these actually were our family cards from last year and I had a few left over!)
 My Spunky Rudolph Gift Tag Set
 The Spunky Rudolph Holiday Cards with matching envelopes..
 Birthday Poppy card set..
Folks those flowers and leaves were a pain in my rear to cut. I was hoping to do more, but I got this set of six done and then two cards for my stash, so yeah. My hands hurt and I think age is setting in or something.

Just for my super awesome readers, if you use the code "SARASBLOG" in my Etsy shop, you'll receive 10% off your order.... including clearance items.

I have more crafty stuff I'm working on this week and I'm going to try this Chicken Nacho Bake this week too... hopefully that tastes as good as the picture looks. I am in need of some recipe ideas, so if you have a good recipe that is cheap and easy- email me at sarastrand9438(at)hotmail(dot)com.

2 comments:

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Umm chicken nacho bake is yummy :)

Love the cards and the cake!

Dana said...

Your cake looks great!