Friday, November 18, 2011

KY Intimacy Experiment Week Seven- Sometimes a Fantasy

For those of you newbies playing catch up with us, enter at these back links for more chances to win your VERY own KY Intimacy Experiment set.


Week One- Love Nest
Week Two- It's Not Just About Sex
Week Three- Everything Old is New AgainWeek Four- Outside the Comfort Zone
Week Five: Fun and Games
Week Six: Getting Back In Touch

If you are a prude you will struggle with this week- just warning you. Our day exercise consisted of thinking back to your most erotically memorable experience(s). I love how the book differentiated between erotically memorable versus sexually memorable because sometimes a fantasy has nothing to do with the sex per say, but more everything leading up to or sometimes afterwards. And then share this with your partner. I have to confess that I really don't have fantasies. I feel like I'm pretty vocal about what I want or don't want, so I can't say I have ever really had a fantasy. Instead I described things I've visualized as a result of a book which Matt thought was hysterical and said maybe he should read more.

Also being honest, I was kind of scared to hear what Matt would share because Matt is kind of a freak. And sometimes his freakness scares me because it's so far out of what I would consider "normal" so I often have to have time to digest what we talked about. Which was the case with this exercise.

We also ended up sharing about experiences that we thought or hoped would be different and just weren't or how we've changed even since being married. I would say that we have both changed sexually since being married and talked about how it's been kind of hard to change together to keep it interesting instead of isolating.

Our evening exercise was basically trying to incorporate elements from fantasies into our sex life, whether we actually have sex or not. It was kind of awkward. Mostly because I think a lot of that is kind of silly and stupid and have a hard time getting into things like this, so I pretty much struggled. I had a hard time telling if Matt was genuinely into it or was really just as awkward but trying hard not to be. I don't know. I think we need more work here.

Next week's challenge is In Good Taste. We have to cook together and I already have high anxiety about sharing kitchen duties.
**
OK- so every week I will post about the KY Intimacy Experiment and offer you chances to win your own kit. At the end of the experiment I will put all of your entries from every single post into a bucket to win. So you are going to have a lot of chances to win... I highly encourage you to enter and spread the word. Here are your chances (and you MUST be a follower through GFC, and you MUST leave me your email address so if you win I can contact you!):

1. Comment on this post- have you shared your fantasies with your partner and do you know theirs?
2. Share this on Twitter (leave separate comment)
3. Share this on Facebook (leave separate comment)
4. "Like" CouplesPlace on Facebook (leave separate comment)
5. Blog about this! Mention my blog series (and link back to this post)! (leave separate comment)

Good luck my loves!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I haven't shared my fantasies but I'm feeling pretty inspired to do so tonight. Hope he can handle it ;)

Ruth said...

I wouldn't want to share kitchen duties with my husband. He'd just be in my way.
We've shared fantasies. Not that either of us do much of that.