I have a lot going on right now, so this post is just going to update you really quickly on what's happening in my life, what I'm up to, and maybe a hint of preview posts for this week.
Let's draw a winner for the CHICK-tionary book giveaway! According to Random.org.. who chose #15, that winner is...
I will send you an email.. I'm certain I have your email here on my desk somewhere.. and get you the deets on this. But for those of you who didn't win but want a copy of the book, they have great prices for them at both Amazon and Barnes & Noble online.. so start shopping.
So let's talk about life a bit, shall we? I've been busy. Like, really legit busy. I haven't been out to your blogs as much and I do apologize and I will get better. I just don't know when, but I will make a real effort to get out there and see what you all are up to.
1. Olivia is doing amazing in school. She is so stinking smart and such a social butterfly it's awesome. I volunteered in her class last Friday to help make gingerbread houses and it was a blast. I got to use my cake decorating class skills to make a super kick ass house frosting so I kind of rocked it.
2. She also joined Girl Scouts which just started two weeks ago. I'm nervous and I feel like I might end up doing more than I have time for? The troop leader has never been a troop leader before and seems kind of overwhelmed so my first instinct is to swoop in and help and try not to take over. I really can't even help it- my sense of "do it myself because I'm more organized/efficient/crafty/faster/etc" is pretty strong. It annoys me to no end.
3. I am also involved in the PTO of her school which I am really excited about. Although it isn't technically official yet, as of tomorrow I am 99.9% sure I am the new PTO President. It's a big commitment but I'm really organized and I think I can do this. Not going to lie, I feel apprehensive about it, but I'm going in with a positive attitude and I hope good things happen.
4. Jackson is still in toddler class which makes Tuesdays hellacious. I usually work 8:30-12:30 on Tuesdays which means getting both kids to my mom's by 8 so I can get to work by 8:30, literally speed to my mom's after work to pick up Jackson so that I can get him to toddler class on the other end of town by 1, that goes until 2:30, then I race back to the other end of town to get to Olivia's school so we can pick her up. Then I get home, start dinner, start her on homework, grab my notes/binder/etc so I can get to a PTO meeting, or Girl Scouts, or whatever we're doing since it ALWAYS falls on a Tuesday. Then I get home to clean up, blog, work on Etsy stuff, check my email, check my mail, etc. It's horrible. Tuesdays are a really horrible day and to be honest? I can't wait for Jackson to start 4K next fall so at least it's one less thing on Tuesday. I would pull him from the toddler class all together but he loves it. He loves it a lot. If the class was on Fridays like it used to be, it'd be a thousand times less stressful.
5. Matt is working a lot. And when I say a lot, I really mean a lot. We have so many bills coming in, not just for Christmas, but because our property tax bill should be coming any day now and I am kind of dreading it. And now that it's colder our utilities are through the roof, we have no more savings, and I just feel uneasy about the finances. So Matt has been working, no joke, 70 hour weeks. It's awful but it means we can pay our bills. BUT, I also know that it means it's all me when it comes to kids and housework for awhile and that's kind of shitty.
6. But to look forward to things coming up- Matt and I think we might do a weekend mini-vacation with the kids at the end of January. Only to St.Paul or something, but we haven't done that for awhile with them and it would be fun. Stay tuned.
7. My friend Jessica is in need of prayers. I'll fill you in later on this week but if you have a spot for an extra name on your prayer list, please add her to it.
8. I had an ugly sweater party this past weekend which wasn't as awesome as I had hoped? It was still fun and I am going to try keeping it as an annual tradition, but with not as many people there as originally planned (because of illness, lack of funds, etc) it wasn't as hilarious as it could have been. I'll post pictures soon.
9. I took the kids to see Disney Live. Jackson cracks me up and I'll share about that probably tomorrow? We'll see. I do have pictures so that'll be fun to see how they turned out even.
10. I have my Christmas list almost finalized. Don't worry- Matt always waits until the last minute so I'm still OK. But I'll share that with you this week.
11. I attempted meatloaf tonight. I am a meatloaf failure but I'll share with you how it turned out. Obviously pictures are included.
12. Batman and Stumpy have unbelievable cat gas. Seriously. I had to leave the living room this evening. Pigs.
Um, there's more, but I have to stop typing because...
13. My shoulder still hurts. I had to cancel my chiro appointment because I have no more money until December 21. That's um... a long time from now in poor people land, and even then I won't have money to spend on it. So then we're looking at January 7, but that check is always low, so then we're back at January 21. Which yeah. Is more than a month away and I could be dead by then. So Advil + heating pad until then. *sigh*
But here's my question for you---- how do I turn things down without feeling like an asshole?