Monday, January 16, 2012

I probably should be a private investigator.

So do you remember how LAST January I was telling you about my van window being shot out?And how this had become a really unfortunate sick joke every year? And how I suspected it was the punk fucking teenagers across the street?

Yeah, pass the Rock Star Banner to me, because I was right!

So maybe I don't have actual evidence, but I have some information that is kind of awesome!

So for WEEKS I've been telling Matt something happened to the neighbors- they have been M.I.A and I see their car pull up, stay for less than 5 minutes and leave, maybe once every two weeks. Odd. And you know me- I'm kind of a vigilante in my 'hood so I'm freaking curious. Yesterday while Matt was hauling in milk caps (long story, don't ask) he sees the husband/dad/guy and goes over, knowing full well I would have been pissed had he missed this opportunity, and got the scoop.

TURNS OUT, the house is in foreclosure because he lost his job and they can't afford the mortgage, etc. The wife/mom and kids are living in a rental somewhere else in Superior and they need to be out by March. Sad situation all around for sure.

Except for me? Because all of my van windows are intact. *squee* Suck it, neighbors! Every year they lived there, every one's windows would be shot out in January, and the one year they don't live there, no windows shot out? The kicker is the wife/mom is the car insurance agent for pretty much everyone in our neighborhood- which makes me wonder, do they get commission based on claims? Seems a bit strange that it would always happen the first week of January every year.

The other great news is that I won't have to deal with asshole teenagers playing and hanging out in the middle of the street every day, refusing to move. I won't have to deal with four wheelers and snow mobiles going through my yard at all hours of the night, leaving garbage in my yard and being passive aggressive assholes. Sure, it sucks it's foreclosing because my property values go to shits because someone is fiscally irresponsible, but honestly? I hope I get new neighbors soon that are cool. And who knows? Maybe the new people will paint the house to a normal color instead of the obscene blue color it is now.

7 comments:

kimberrleigh said...

Yay for people sucking at life! Haha I would be just as excited as you are, trust me.
And even though I'm only 21, I hate teenagers. I know a few that would be dumb and shoot out car windows. At least you don't *hopefully* have to worry about trying to save money to get them replaced again - and having your poor children freeze to death.. again.

:P

Ruth said...

Yay for getting rid of crappy neighbors!
The bank will probably paint it so it's more sell-able. I'd think so anyway.

AmberLaShell said...

I don't think I would be able to deal with neighbors like that. I have enough crap with the guy under me always banging on my floor when I'm sitting on freaking couch. Oh well, glad to hear you won't have to buy a new window for your van this year.

:)

Shannon McHale said...

That is some fucked up shit. I think they would have found something shot out of their own if I were you.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Wow she was an insurance person? That does make me wonder! Although in my brother's neighborhood so many freaking idots were shooting off guns!! I wonder where all those bullets ended up..

Eileen Ward said...

yeahhh...I'm having difficulty feeling sympathy for those people. I'm glad they are out of your life. How many years did your windows get shot? Same window each time? Did you hear it? Details?
Btw--I emailed you--respond please! I want to do a giveaway on your blog!

Life Love & High Heels said...

I would totally hire you as a P.I. ;)Good detective work Sherlock ;)