Monday, January 2, 2012

National Weigh In Day: Triumph despite Pringles.

I don't know where I saw it, but I recently read that January 2 is National Weigh In Day. It was probably for an advertisement for a local gym or something, but still. It just happens to coincide with Hot Bitch Monday so there you go. Which makes me think that really I'm a genius in more areas I just don't know it yet if I can make these two line up just so.

So in honor of National Weigh In Day:
 tee*fucking*dah, bitches. Not bad, mo'fos, no bad at all. Considering when I started my weightloss journey in mid 2009 but hardcore in 2010 I started at 187.2 so I hit the 30 pound mark. That? Means I'm going to eat a Moon Pie right now.

And just as an aside, as I'm eating said Moon Pie, I am browsing Facebook and my friend Beverly posts this:

In the beginning I was like, "Aw... poor interpretive dance school drop out turned into a stripper". And then I'm like, "Holy fucking shit I can barely bend over to tie my shoes most days." And it makes me feel like an even bigger loser that I have never been able to climb a pole let alone do anything like that. But now I'm wondering where all those super good pole climber girls from elementary school are now.

In other news. I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I ate a lot of Pringles.
 I had this kind of genius idea to do something with the containers, but it involved eating a lot of Pringles. Only after my 23rd can (not all pictured here) did I realize I probably could have just dumped all of the chips into a container and made Matt eat them. And trust me- it's going to be awhile until I eat Pringles again. But the project was for my goodie contribution to the staff stockings at work. So I covered them with paper.
 Filled the containers and put a little tag on top.
I wish I had more time and money so I could have embellished the sides more, but yeah. I wanted to be able to put something in each container so I wasn't lame. So everybody got a little hand sanitizer and not crappy candy. It's the good stuff nobody puts out in candy dishes. But they came out super cute and I'm glad that I was able to justify gluttony.

8 comments:

Life Love & High Heels said...

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thirty pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!

Josie said...

You're so great! Seriously, though. I fell off the weight loss train in, like, August. But I'm running out of clothes that fit, and I'm working on a killer plan for this year. If I can lose even 20 pounds in the amount of time that you've lost 30, I'm going to give myself a huge reward. I don't know what yet, but it will be great. Like a new car or something.

Amy said...

Congrats on the 30 lbs. All I can say about the pole dancer is ... WOW! Love the made over Pringles cans. You are so creative. Happy New Year!

Amber said...

I love the Pringles can idea!! I have done that with a HUGE can of peas.....I papered it nd stuck a cool bow on it and use it as a tabletop trashcan.

But individual snack Pringles cans? Genius.

Gini said...

30 pounds, DAYAM!!!!! Super impressive!!

kimberrleigh said...

Thirty pounds - jealous! I'm jealous that you have a fuckmill in your house too. I have to drive 30 minutes to get to mine (university's gym - it's free, since I pay out the ass every year in tuition..). I mean I know I can run outside, but as you can relate... we just got 3 inches of snow and there is no way in hell I'm risking falling on my ass just to get some cardio in.

I think Jillian and I need to meet again so she can yell at me through her DVDs. UGH.

Anyways, congrats! And at least the Pringles you ate were a good flavor! :P

Mom Taxi Julie said...

WTG on the weight loss!

My friend that used to be a dance major had posted that video awhile back. Amazing isn't it! I can't even do a pull up (never have been able to!)

Cute Pringles containers! My family could eat those all in a day or 2. Oink oink.

Kathy S said...

Congrats!!