Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Terrible Tuesdays.

I've mentioned before how I don't really like Tuesdays. They are generally a pain in the ass and I'll take a Monday over a Tuesday any time. 

Today was just harder because I'm worried about Olivia, Jackson seemed out of sorts during toddler class, and I have a lot of things running through my head about the PTO at Olivia's school, bills we have coming up, and trying to plan a vacation to see my family. My head is overloaded. 

After working for a few hours this morning, I took Jackson to toddler school. My mom said he was kind of crabby today, but I chalked that up to him being up in the middle of the night because of Olivia. *sigh* When we got there, he was really good during circle time and even cuddled with me, so that was good. He wasn't interested in snack so much but I knew he had a decent lunch shortly before, so no worries. At the end of the parenting session, his teacher tells me he's kind of teary, asking for his doggie, and she thinks he is maybe getting sick. Ugh. So I get him into the van and I was dropping him off at Matt's work so I could go to Olivia's Girl Scout meeting. 

Apparently, after I dropped Jackson off with Matt, he threw up. All over Matt inside of his work. Which... is kind of hilarious? So I get the text while I'm hauling garbage out of the PTO closet at the school and reorganizing. I tell Matt to get him home, pajamas on, and if he has a fever give him something for it. 

Then I go into the Girl Scout meeting and man. Does anyone remember when I toyed with the idea of being the Girl Scout leader? But then I was the PTO Vice President at the time and was thinking I couldn't possibly take on another thing? I haven't taken it on, don't worry, but good god I wish I had. The girls run crazy, some of the older ones are just.... rude? I don't know. Maybe that's what second grade girls are like and I just don't know it yet. But it's disorganized and I feel like they aren't really doing anything? I almost wish I would have signed her up with a huge group instead of this small, made at the last minute group? But we got the flyer information for a Daughter/Dad dance which you KNOW I'm making Matt go to. Olivia is more excited to get a fancy dress and fancy hair. 

After we leave Girl Scouts, I had to run to the store with Olivia to get her classroom snacks for tomorrow since it's her turn to bring them. By the time we got home it was 5pm and I hadn't been home since 7:30 am. I'm informed Jackson is still puking, Olivia starts demanding dinner, and my cats are meowing for love. 

Folks, I'm tired. I am so emotionally exhausted, I am mentally exhausted, and I feel like I have nothing left to give to anyone. 

So it's about time I change that. 

I'm going to have a girls weekend in February with my friend Amy. It won't be all fun and games, I am going to see my friend Jessica who's been at the Mayo Clinic since December. Her spirits seem like they are waning, so I want to see her. It's so weird, she's the friend I've had the longest and though we've been apart for so long, having been reconnected a couple of years ago.. I feel weird that's she isn't here. Is that strange? 

And then the death of a recent coworker has kind of lit a fire under my ass about seeing my family in Florida again. I hate to be morbid but you really don't know when anyone is going to pass away and I don't want to regret not visiting. Sure, I could use the money to fix the giant hole in my living room wall, insulate the foundation of my house or put the god damn laundry sink in. I could. But then if someone got sick or passed away and I didn't visit them, I'd hate knowing I didn't take the opportunity when I could. 

So, I am trying to plan a trip for June. I'm going to be frugal and it'll be tight financially to make it happen, but I want my family to know my kids and vice versa. This also means... (drum roll)... 

my 30/30 list might be done. Unfinished. 

To be continued. :) 

2 comments:

Life Love & High Heels said...

Whoohoo for girls wknd with moi :) haha

I hope the kids are doing ok. Happy and healthy is always better :)

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I predict you to be Girl Scout leader by next year ;) That's how I ended up being in charge haha.