Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hookers, Batman, Cuteness and 4K.

I've been upfront with the fact that Matt and I make freaking adorable babies. The fact we are no longer having babies seems criminally and this post will only highlight why we should have more.

One phrase you'll hear in our household quite often is, "I sure love my hooker!" courtesy of Jackson. Meet the hooker:
 He loves the hooker. I don't know how it ended up being called the hooker, but it is and it cracks people up when out of nowhere he talks about how much he loves his hooker.

A few weeks ago Jackson and I were shopping at Target and he is my boy fashionista. He is super picky about the clothes he wears, when he wears them, and god forbid anything gets them dirty and/or wet because it is grounds for immediate outfit change. But at Target he spotted this Batman sweatshirt from clear across the store. He is obviously a huge Batman fan.
 So I had to get it because hello- the hood has bat ears on it. How could I not get this? Once we got home he insisted that I take pictures of him because again, he also likes his picture being taken. Mostly.
 But this face? This face is what you get when he's gotten into something or done something he definitely should not have done. It's the "I'm totally innocent and cute and you aren't mad are you, mom?" look. It's hard to be mad at Batman, I've got to be honest.

The other thing Jackson loves? His sissy. He loves Olivia sometimes too much. I think he drives her insane and she sometimes wishes he'd hold back on the love. But he insists on walking her to her classroom everyday, giving hugs and kisses. One day she didn't give him a hug/kiss and he started balling. It was kind of a scene. So now we make sure she says goodbye to him properly. But he thinks she is the greatest thing ever. And she probably thinks he's OK too.
 Last night we signed Jackson up for 4K and not going to lie, I didn't full out cry, but I did tear up a little filling out the forms. For my baby. *sigh* He is actually a really shy kid but once you get to know him you can't help but absolutely love him. He is such a lovebug that you can't help but want to keep him for your very own. Until he pees down your heat vents or smash chapstick on your tables, then it's questionable.
 I joked with my mom that I feel sorry for his teachers because he is a devil. He's so cute but he'll be just like my brother- super smart but a handful. I feel like I should pin a note to his shirt that says, "I'm sorry- I did the best I could. Good luck." on the first day.
This was from this morning. Olivia was so annoyed that Jackson wanted to sit on her lap and their facial expressions are awesome.

It's kind of sad to see the kids growing up because I don't know where the time is going. It seems like the first four years for Olivia went so slowly and with Jackson they are gone in the blink of an eye. I know it's because I am getting busier and busier with each year and I do the best that I can do. I'd by lying if I said I wasn't more than a little disappointed that we aren't having any more kids. I do wish we could have more because I really enjoyed being pregnant, I had easy pregnancies and easy labor and deliveries, and I really do enjoy the baby phases. But Matt definitely doesn't want any more kids and I have to respect that. It's just frustrating that he doesn't understand the baby fever I'm basically suffering with. Does it get any better?

3 comments:

Mom Taxi Julie said...

That means you need one more. Or a teenager. I never have the fever anymore. :)

Life Love & High Heels said...

Well if your kids ever disappear, it's because I've stolen them! They're too cute!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

So freaking cute. Olivia is growing to be such a beautiful girl! You're going to have to fight the boys off of her.