1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.
Eleven Random Ass Things About Me:
1. I like my foods full of chemicals and by-products. Don't tell me to watch Food, Inc unless you want me to die. I don't like knowing my hamburger came from a real cow, eggs are baby chickens that just didn't make it, chicken boobs are from real chickens, etc. I have vegan wannabe mentality but I love me some chicken. Just as long as I don't think about the fact it came from an animal happy on a farm. I don't like fruits and vegetables either. No, I don't know how I'm not dead or really malnourished either.
2. Olivia was the first baby I have ever held or taken care of. Talk about trial by fire. I literally had NO baby experience when I had her and so I'm pretty sure that is maybe one of the triggers of my post-partum depression- it's kind of a lot to be given even though you know it's coming for quite some time.
3. I don't like vibrators that are pointy on the end. I'm not sure why they even make those because who really wants to feel like they are being stabbed from the inside?
4. I'm afraid of the dark. Even in my own house. Even if I'm with people. I have a legit fear and feel like maybe in a past life something traumatic happened to me in the dark? Because ever since I have been way little I've been worried about being kidnapped, raped, murdered, etc in the dark. I can't even take my garbage out at night, run out to my car for something, etc. It's annoying and nothing I have done has helped, it only seems to make it worse.
5. I secretly love dirty romance novels. The dirtier, the better. I usually keep those behind all of my other books so people don't think I'm some freak. Which, words out I suppose.
6. Every time I use a cup, I have to blow into it before filling it. It doesn't matter if I'm out in public or not, I have to do it.
7. I always put my left shoe on first and take it off first. I read a book in 8th grade about superstition and how that alone brings you good luck through the day. Obviously that's not true otherwise I would have never had a bad day since then, but I can't even fathom putting my right shoe on first or taking it off first- I would feel wrong all day.
8. I have a hard time delegating anything because nobody can do it as good as I can. Even though that isn't true, it's one of my worst traits.
9. I only really like pretzel rods, and I suck/lick all of the salt off first, then eat the stick. Yet I'm anti-blow jobs. Explain that, Freud.
10. When I was little, I would pretend to have Olympics in the shower. I would totally toss the wash cloth back and forth to see how long I could go before dropping it. I have no idea why, but I think I should maybe have had some more hobbies. My poor parents probably had horrible water bills. Sorry.
11. I am afraid to walk into a room and make friends, introduce myself, join conversations, etc but I have no problem speaking in front of large groups. I don't get it.
Questions from Veronica:
1. What is the best vacation you have ever taken? Vegas! I think that's because it was Matt and I, we got to do a lot of really fun things, and it was so nice to pay for a vacation with cash instead of on credit card. Best feeling ever.
2. What foods do you hate? Anything healthy pretty much.
3. Are you a type A person or a type B person? Type A to the max!
4. What was your biggest accomplishment of 2011? Of all of the things I did over the year and the cool adventures I went on- I think my biggest accomplishment was learning to appreciate what I have, be happy with what I have and where I am and know that it's OK.
5. What's your favorite dessert? A Cheesecake Named Desire cake from Coldstone Creamery.
6. What's your favorite thing on TV right now? An Idiot Abroad. I wish Karl Pilkington was my real friend.
7. What's one thing you wish you did more often? Vacation. I wish I had more time and money to do fun things and show my kids cool stuff.
8. What's one thing you wish you did less often? I wish I stopped over-extending myself. I love everything I do, I just wish I could do less of some of it sometimes.
9. What's the best gift you ever received? This is hard, because I've gotten a lot of really great gifts. I have two that I can't narrow down: 1. The ring I got for my 16th birthday. I know it cost my parents a lot of money at the time and they didn't always have extra money sitting around. I still have it and love it. 2. My mom made me a scrapbook of Olivia's first year comprised of pictures she took while watching her while I was at work. I really struggled with missing things and I got this for Christmas one year and it's still something I love.
10. Are you a spender or a saver? I'm a spender... but I'm trying to reform into a saver. I hate it.
11. What is your most shameful indulgence? Music. I buy a lot of music when I can and it sucks because I think paying $10+ for an album is BULLSHIT. Especially now that pretty much everything is going to digital- where is the god damn expense in that? I have nothing to show for it that I can hold in my hands. So yeah, I still do it because I'm obsessive and compulsive about music, yet I feel angry at the same time.
1. Have you ever tried to write with your toes?
2. What is your worst and least endearing habit?
3. If you had the opportunity to go back and change one thing in your past, what is it and why?
4. What was your first car?
5. What is your favorite album and why?
6. What is your favorite book and why?
7. If you could vacation anywhere in the continental United States- where would you go?
8. If you could buy a farm animal- which one would you chose?
9. What is your biggest fear?
10. What is your least favorite childhood memory?
11. What is one thing you would like to learn how to do in your lifetime?
Amy, Emily, Iffy, and Stacia.