Let's have a bitch session, shall we?
And because when I feel my world is chaotic, my OCD kicks in, so let's number this list so we're all neat and orderly.
1. I hate being taken advantage of. For the past few weeks I feel like people expect me to say yes to something when really? I mean no. When I tell you no I don't want to, I mean no. No under every circumstance you can think of short of death and even then it might still be no.
2. If I ask you for information, please don't assume I'm taking over. I'm not, I'm just asking for some clarification because *shocker* I don't know everything. So now even more is heaped onto my plate because people feel threatened over something so fucking dumb.
3. I'm sick of hearing about people bitch about Obama and ObamaCare and elections. You know what? I'm 30 and I can't get a fucking mammogram despite having some issues because my insurance doesn't think I should get one until I'm 40. If I had ObamaCare, I could get that mammogram without fearing being in ridiculous debt. I try not to wish ill on others but for all of the people who are so against it, I hope you get cancer or some chronic illness that requires thousands of dollars in drugs every month so you can just get out bed and that you don't have insurance to cover it. Because then and only then do I think you'll really understand what it's like for us middle class people who can't get help with anything to save our lives. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my Nazi insurance company to approve my migraine pills and I will tell you right now that if they deny me I am going to buy street drugs from the shady Mexicans down the road. I cannot live without my last resort narcotics because I will probably die. I'm not kidding- if I don't die from pain I will probably die from Matt suffocating my whining ass.
4. I'm sick of government cutting funds on education. Again. I don't know how they want us to do great things in the world if you can probably get a better education in god damn Cuba. Of every single budget item this country has, education is the one thing that should not only be getting an increase every year, but it should never be decreased. Same with the state level. Our school district alone is facing $700,000 in cuts and it's like jesus christ- what more can we cut back on? We have shit school lunch, the kids can't even go to art and music every day, after school activities in the elementary level at least are almost non existent and yet, we get more cuts next year. It's absolutely ridiculous how any legislator can justify these cuts.
5. I am tired of being the Poop Nazi in my house. I swear to you, I have to ask about the poop status on both kids at least five times when we come home. First they lie to you, then they start stinking so bad you know they lied, then they try and give up a few times, and then you have to get excited when they do poop because you at least know you don't have to give an enema. It's the small things I guess.
6. I am annoyed that Matt never washes the table after supper. He just wipes the crumbs onto the floor which he then never sweeps. Then I step in it every single morning when I'm serving breakfast and I get angry. I start my day off angry every morning because he can't just wash a fucking table.
7. I am annoyed at Batman for shedding. I brush his ass every day and still he leaves me giant tufts of fur on the carpet. This means I get to vacuum every day. Since having new carpet, post coming soon I promise, I realize how big our rooms really are and my arm is sore from vacuuming. The novelty of seeing vacuum marks in the carpet has worn off and I no longer wish to have this much carpet. Except when I'm barefoot, I appreciate it's softness and squishiness.
8. I wish they made kid muzzles. Today was a day I would have liked to have the option of kid muzzles because Jackson and Olivia were yelling at each other which then escalated to hitting and pushing and trashing their rooms over... wait for it.... who has nicer mini blinds. Seriously? They both have the same and now they are both off their windows because I can't handle another hour of that. Muzzles would have been awesome around 3:45 today.
9. Olivia needs to sleep. Her getting up every 30 minutes beginning at midnight is for the god damn birds. She's scared of everything, she's bored, she's not tired, she's lonely, she has questions, etc. If I can't get a solid night of sleep soon I shouldn't be trusted with any kind of utensil because I can't promise I won't try to harm myself. Between her getting up, the cats knocking things over and breaking things, and Matt snoring I feel like this is like Survivor: Parenthood Edition. I can't do it man. I can't do it.
10. I was having a conversation with a bunch of moms yesterday about play dates, parties, and other kids stuff and I am appalled at how nonchalant people are about letting their kids go places unsupervised. I know I mentioned I will automatically label you as a lazy and terrible parent if you just drop your kid off at a birthday party, but I will do that as well if you just let your kid get into a car with a stranger. The thought of letting my kid walk home from school alone terrifies me- I live in a city where we have a lot of registered sex offenders and any one of them could snatch her up and I would never know. And you don't know what kind of parent other people are- I would never just leave my kid at someone's house unless I really knew those parents well and have hung out with them and really trusted them. Absolutely no way in hell would I just leave my kids unattended. Yet parents don't seem to care and just let their kids go willy nilly wherever. Terrifying.
OK. I have more, but I'm tired and I still have to make the cake for Jackson's home party tomorrow. On the kids' actual birthday I make a cake for after their special dinner and we do a little special family celebration. Jackson's special dinner request was hot dogs, bow tie noodles, spicy Doritos and root beer. Yeah, doesn't that sound divine? *gag* I just hope nobody gets the stomach bug I had last week because that would be maybe the worst puke to clean up ever.