1. I had a great Friday night which included: a terrible buffet, a random animal, a crazy waitress, some of my best friends, half naked men, terrible singing, and hot mess women.
2. Saturday was our massive yard sale and then I went with Tammy to see even more half naked men. Which included drinks and pickles in my shoe, attention from one of the men, and then of course stuffing someone else's money down said man's underwear.
3. Yard work. Deck progress. It's happening.
4. Nebraska. WHAT? Yes, it's happening.
5. A cute Mother's Day from my kids and a husband fail.
6. Tonight? Well tonight is the concert I have been waiting for... since forever. I missed them last year, and the year before that. This year? I'm so there and I'm with my mom. I plan to shake my money maker.
But here's a fun fact on how I became a fan of the Black Keys. Which, I'm almost embarrassed to say this but you should know by now I don't care. When the Twilight craze hit and my love for Robert Pattinson bloomed, I pretty much stalked him online. I was at every fan site every day, several times a day, I read about him, I basically was trying to educate myself in the event he ever came across my path, I was going to shamelessly throw myself at him and hope like hell he wouldn't be freaked out that I knew a lot about him. But in the midst of doing that, I came across some like he did for iTunes of music he really loved. Most of it I had never heard of, but like any good stalker, I downloaded everything I could and one song stood out.
It's obviously beautiful, and since then, I've become obsessed with the Black Keys. They are lyrical and musical gangsters from the Midwest. And I am going to see them and hopefully not lose my shit since I am with my mom and I don't want to embarrass her.