Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Parents piss me off.

I need to stop watching TV and paying too close attention to people because I just get pissed off. Let's chat about things that make me want to stab parents.

1. Toddlers & Tiaras: I think I've talked about this before, but since there isn't shit on TV I was stuck watching a full episode of this show. Have you seen it? Because it's awful. There was not ONE parent featured on that show that is doing anything positive for their kids. Let's be clear: any kid under the age of 18 is not really informed on what it means to be in a pageant or what future consequences may be. There's a business side to a pageant and no kid knows anything about that. The fact that people are spending thousands of dollars on this shit when you don't have six months of expenses saved in your bank account? Reckless. You aren't teaching your daughters about inner beauty- you are dressing them like whores and making them look like tiny prostitutes. Not one of those girls on that show didn't look like strippers and they don't even have complete language skills yet.

Not to mention- those girls are fucking brats. I will tell you what- if either one of my kids ever pitched a fit like these girls pitch? Holy hell. We'd pack our shit up and go home. There should be follow up shows on these girls, with their behavior and the idiot parents and I'd bet you those girls grow up to be complete bitches. And candidates for 16 and Pregnant.

2. Guess what doesn't equal love? Presents. Yeah, I'm talking to you lady on Facebook who buys her kids designer everything and spends all of your extra money on gifts and things for your kids. Guess what? Nobody thinks this makes you a good parent. Especially when your kids are running around like brats, hitting you, and calling other kids dummies and buttholes. We are all shaking our heads at you because you're a moron.

3. Parents? If your kid is under 16, they should not be on Facebook. I swear on your life if one more of your kids try to friend me? I'm going to accept and post nothing but inappropriateness and foul language.

4. I'm kind of over hearing teenagers bitch about their lives. Especially when they don't pay their own bills, they have no idea what life is going to be like for them when they are actually on their own, and it's kids like that where I wish their parents would go hardcore and take it all away. You don't like the car you don't pay for? Take the fucking bus. You don't like only getting $150 spending money a month? Get a fucking job and earn it. And then contribute to the house.

5. Have you seen the show Monsters In Law? Holy awesomeness, lambwhores! It's amazing and you cannot look away. These are families who are so fucked up I wish I could go to one of their holidays. You have in laws screaming, hitting, plotting, and basic mayhem happening. All because they just don't like each other? I have just added another favorite to my DVR list.

6. Did you see that video online (I can't find it again) of those two toddler boys singing an anti-gay song at a church? It's times like this that I think forcing your children to accept your bigoted views should be constituted as child abuse. Olivia was asking me yesterday if a girl could marry another girl, or if a boy could marry a boy? I replied, "Well, it depends on where you live. Some places don't let you do that." And how do you answer her when she asks why? Because for me to tell her, "Because some people aren't very nice." seems kind of inadequate. But what blows me away? Is when she says to me, "I don't think that's nice. If you love someone, you should be able to get married. Everybody should get to be a princess for a day." Um, proud mama moment right there. Considering this is the first time we've ever had a same sex relationship talk.

OK. So there's my Wednesday ranting for ya. Night, bitches.

8 comments:

Dianne R. said...

i agree with everything you said. OMG you are such a good mama and I am proud to call you my super awesome blogger friend.

people are ridiculous. kids shouldn't be on facebook and I am sick to death of listening to my over-privileged 16 yr old SIL whine about stupid shit. I am trying to get her a job shoveling horse shit, just so she knows what it is to do manual labor for little money. maybe she'll gain an appreciation for what she does have.

/rant

Stacia said...

Even though I don't comment often, I do read many of your posts. You rock and I love that you're so honest! xoxo

Ryan Adair said...

Amen sister!!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I can't watch Toddlers and Tiaras. It freaks me out too much. And give Olivia an extra squeeze for me for being so gosh darn smart and cute.

Ashley said...

Your daughter may be the smartest 4 year old ever. Just sayin'.

Also, I'm sorry if she's not 4. For some reason I think she's 4.

Kattrina said...

I hate Toddlers and Tiaras. I just can't believe people don't see how wrong they are. It's crazy. I would also be interested in seeing how those kids turned out. What is this world coming to???

Diane and Chad said...

totally agree!! Think I should send our book to all the nutjobs on Toddlers and Tiaras???

Life Love & High Heels said...

yeah I honestly don't agree with a lot of people's parenting skills, but then again- I can't say shit since I'm not a parent ;) However, I know I won't be the kind of parent who puts their kid in pageant, buys them gifts every time "mommy goes away", let them eat fast food, let them run amuck or throw tantrums etc. I feel like even though I grew up feeling like my parents were strict-- they were good role models and I wouldn't mind being the kind of parents they were.

I'm excited for Monsters in Law though. I wish I had cable! Hoping I can catch it when I'm home sometime :)