Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Shameful Confession.

I feel like before our friendship can go any further I have to confess something to you that I am absolutely ashamed of. I don't know how to say it other than to say this is my guilty pleasure:



I know. I know Britney Spears doesn't really sing. But god help me- I am a fan of an on-the-edge-of-a-psychotic-break Britney. I was on all of the gossip sites to see if and when she'd lose it. The day she shaved her head? I thought it was like the lottery.

But when she dropped this album? I went out the day it came out. Between the hot mess of a video she released for Gimme More:


or the beat of Get Naked

I cannot help myself. And I am fully embarrassed to be seen singing along to this album. I hide it under the seat in my van. 

So I felt like I had to confess this. 

(I also have pretty much every boy band album and Ke$ha). 

*shame*

But this can't be the worst to be embarrassed about. 

Right? 

Tell me what albums you have that are shameful. (Because let's be honest, I'll probably purchase them. HA!)

13 comments:

Stacia said...

Justin Bieber. I have Bieber fever.

"If I was your boyfriend...."

You asked...

Shirley said...

My name is Shirley and I'm a Bieblever.

Carrie said...

I have never like Justin Bieber, but have to admit I downloaded Boyfriend....it's a good song!!!!

Life Love & High Heels said...

Agreed w others- love Boyfriend by Bieber.

And I looooooveme some Britney and I'm not ashamed to say it. It's great for working out or just jamming to as I'm cleaning. My other workout faves- pussycat dolls & oh yes- spice girls. Well, some songs. But I've been rocking more club top 40 stuff lately on my workout mix.

Ang said...

HAHA - no worries girl - I was a big Brit-Brit fan back in the day (when she first came out and a few albums in).. I was made fun of all the time, but there is something about her that just makes you want to shake your ass... so I just roll with it.

SpiritPhoenix said...

I have the Greatest Hits album of New Kids on the Block and two Creed albums (Human Clay and Weathered).

Wow, that feels good to get off my chest. LOL

SpiritPhoenix said...

I also have this single too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijXcYLV1aNg&ob=av2e

Kattrina said...

I like most Britney songs - so I wouldn't be too embarrassed. My husband loves Air Supply, Journey, and other slow-type romantic songs and he likes to blast the radio with the windows open. Talk about embarrassing. It drives me bonkers!

Sarah said...

I'm a 34 year old mother of 3, and I want to listen to Selena Gomez's "Love you like a love song" over and over again. Sad.

Gini said...

When I got caught shoplifting at 18, I was stealing an Enrique Iglesias CD. :(

____j said...

My sister is a huge Britney fan, too. I can still [and do] sing along to any NSYNC & Backstreet Boys songs that come on the radio! Definitely a guilty pleasure.

middle child said...

Er....um...ABBA?
Gah! I hate that I'm so fuckin' honest.

Eileen Ward said...

one of the first CD's I ever bought was a Backstreet Boys CD. I also had Hansen and Spice Girls tapes (this was in the 90's...). I don't really have anything embarrassing anymore