Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fucking Chaos.

So I'm in the middle of packing for our four day, long weekend trip to Nebraska. I have been very excited for this trip not just because I'll be meeting cool and wonderful people, or because I'm going to a really kick ass looking zoo, but because I actually have money in which to pay for it. That's right- vacation #1 where nothing is going on the credit card.

*Let us all rejoice in my awesome budgeting powers and celebrate the fact we are not eating cereal for dinner for a very long time.*

(OK, I take that back, the cereal diet will commence in July to pay for the upcoming Chicago. But it shall be a glorious few days without cereal!)

But what's pissing me off are these things:

1. I am a road warrior. When I road trip, my ass is on the road promptly by 6am no later because I like to get wherever I'm going as quick as possible. I try to jam as much fun and awesome stuff into my trip and that requires no pissing around on the US Interstate system.

2. So, we've had some flooding. That means I-35 south is closed in a big chunk so we have to take detours. I fucking hate detours because the state of Minnesota never does them well so that means the signage will be inadequate. You can almost count on it.

3. We can't go directly there because we are following my in laws and they want to stop in St. Cloud at some giant craft store to get moose and bear stuff for the church bazaar that isn't even until November and STAB. Just for shits and giggles, go onto Mapquest and map out Superior, WI to St. Cloud, MN to Fremont, NE. And then ignore that because we aren't going that route because that would make sense, but instead we're going the scenic route because Matt's dad would rather do that. That means we will be doing 55 mph at our top speed. For at least 11 hours. Fucking KILL ME.

4. I'm packing our stuff and while I amaze myself at my efficient packing skills, I am in death stare mode with Matt. For WEEKS I have asked what he's wearing to the wedding on Saturday and he tells me his khakis slacks and button up shirt. Whatever, fine. Guess what does not fit him? Every pair of pants he owns that do not have grease stains from work. He's trying to convince me he can wear his too short khakis with a stain on the crotch. I've just sent his ass to Target to figure it out and not fucking embarrass me.

5. I still have to clean my house. Which, you'd think I would have done this yesterday while at home during the Great Flood of 2012, but no. I instead chose to take a nap, read and watch Mob Wives of Chicago.

So, bitches. I'll have a book review for you tomorrow which is really quite good, and then I'll make sure to post something for you again on Monday or Tuesday. Huzzah.

6 comments:

Dianne R. said...

We are road tripping it as well tomorrow. Good luck with yours!

Ruth said...

Have a safe trip!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

BUT YOU'RE COMING TO SEE ME! So all is good.

Ryan Adair said...

The SCENIC ROUTE! UGH. That is only fun if it is just you and the hubs so you can pull over to the side for a little quickie... or cheap beer.. or something not following the in-laws with kids. I will be praying for your sanity.

AND. I totally understand your Death Stares. R has a way of spilling something on pretty much every light colored anything he owns.. so, when we go to fancy events, such as weddings.. I make him wear all black. He ends up wearing the same outfit to every nice thing we go to.. but.. At least we both know what his sloppy ass is going to wear (I love him and his slop) and there is no way he or I can stain his outfit with red wine..

Me on the other hand... I was drinking wine at a bar the other night, decided to dance with my lady friend.. spilled it all over my white shirt, so I went to the bathroom and took my shirt off while old ladies came into pee.... and I was just ya know.. rinsing my shirt with cold water and showing off my training bra.

;)

lol have fun!!!! take deep breaths, and ya know.. read some good books n' shit.

<3

Diane and Chad said...

I'm sure you can find some memorable photos to take of your 'side' trips to the moose and bear stores...have fun on your detour trip...keep smiling:))

devilishdelish said...

If it werent all family stuff, id say while they shop at the craft store here in st. cloud (which is pretty huge), you could come have a margarita with me. :D