Monday, July 23, 2012

If you're happy and you know it.. clap your thighs.

Hear that noise? It's not thunder, it's just my thunder thighs coming to the party.

I'm not even going to give you a sob story but I didn't work out last week. At all. AT ALL. I did eat marginally better so I didn't feel completely terrible but I don't feel great. Part of my problem is the mother fracking heat. Obviously with it being summer I knew this could be a road block but honestly, I figured by 7 p.m. things might be a bit more reasonable to go running in. I clearly figured wrong because every day last week at 7 it was still 80something degrees.

No effing thank you.

I think it's safe to say none of my neighbors would have cared had I died from heat exhaustion in their yard and would probably just mow around me at some point. This weekend I though I was going to go hard core- if it was too hot then by god- I'm going to mall walk our mall! It's air conditioned and has almost no customers so it was a win win. Then by some freak accident, I pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulders/back and I still don't know what I did, but I do know I can barely move without being in pain and my head no longer turns. I walked around the house Saturday night because it hurt to much to sit or lay down so I'm obviously exhausted because what sleep I do get is short lived.

Which throws my "I'm starting kickboxing!" plan out the window for today at least. I have to think that by the Thursday class I should be OK? Because I actually am looking forward to kickboxing because it's something I've wanted to do for awhile now and now that I found a low cost (donation only) class, I'm all about that.

I have a Florida vacation in the works for next June and this bitch is going to be on a beach in a bathing suit. With no cover up. That's right. NO COVER UP. So I need to get excited about being hungry and working out.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Um, at 7pm here it is still like 100 degrees!!!! If I'm not in a air conditioned gym, a workout ain't happening! And I've actually been doing pretty good working out. Even after I changed my ex-husbands gym room into a giant closet after he moved out. Lol. This week though I can't even put on a tennis shoe because I'm pretty sure I broke my toe on Saturday, um, running into the wall. Clumsy doesn't even begin to describe it.

Ruth said...

You may have slept wrong and got a kink. It may take a few days to work completely out.
I've done that more than once. I know how you feel.
Hope it feels better by Thursday.

Ryan Adair said...

Stretch that neck girl! Do some long deep stretching in your neck shoulders and back. Forward bends (legs shoulder width apart, hands to the floor, head down looking through your legs) releases a lot of tension too. I have cronic neck pain/stiffness, usually helps me ;)

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

HEAT. HEAT. AND MORE HEAT. Mine does that all the time. You need to put heat on it to loosen the muscles so they can go back where they belong. Also, Advil that shit up like a motherfucker.

Life Love & High Heels said...

Ugh, sucks about your neck. Too bad you couldn't get some nice muscle relaxers. Those things are the best.

I need to get back on track too. Le sigh.. WHY is this so hard!? (says the health coach. lol)

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I've resorted to riding my bike in the dark when it's really hot like that. Although right now I'm on the flu diet. Works great.

____j said...

OMG the heat is absolutely awful! I don't even want to leave the house, much less get physical! Where in FL are you guys planning on going?