Basically, I tell you 11 things about me you might not know, I answer 11 questions asked by my tagger, then I tag some people and ask you 11 things, etc.
11 Things You May Not Know About Me
1. My real father is an alcoholic and it scares me to death. I've gone to lots of counseling to deal with that and the things I consider to be traumas from my childhood but I secretly fear they have affected me negatively as an adult.
2. Although I have always excelled at school I don't feel smart. I have a two year degree and worked hard to get it and be at the top of the class. I always wanted to go further in college but thought I wasn't smart enough to continue so I just didn't. I always wanted to be a life long student but now I am afraid I wouldn't make it.
3. My favorite thing to eat for breakfast is an English muffin with peanut butter and then a huge glass of orange juice. I cannot function well without orange juice every morning.
4. When I was in high school I really, really, REALLY wanted to be a Geologist. I still kind of want to do that still yet there is nothing around me that offers Geology classes for fun despite being a geological treasure trove for exploration.
5. I have a very low threshold for bullshit. I'm also not very tolerant to people who continually make bad decisions in life and then wonder why life sucks. I don't feel bad for people and am critical of others. At the same time, when I fuck up I at least own it and acknowledge I made a series of bad decisions and don't ask people to feel sorry for me. I often wonder what's wrong with me that I don't have the "I Care" gene.
6. I wish my parents would tell me if they were proud of me. Even at age 30 I realize I still wish they would tell me I'm doing a good job, that they are proud of me, that they feel like they did a good job. I can function and do well in my life without these things, but it wouldn't hurt to hear it on the days where I feel the worst.
7. I am hands down, the pickiest eater you will ever know. It's an ongoing joke with almost everyone who knows me that I am a culinary freak. I still stand by it being a mental defect because I have reasons that I won't eat stuff. I am not that girl who goes to food tasting things or try new places. I will almost always order chicken strips or a burger super well done/definitely dead/slightly burnt. With french fries. Obviously.
8. I am terrified of bugs. I hate bugs, I don't like them in any way, and will scream like a bitch and run for my life if they land on me.
9. Like Ryan, I have never read any of the Harry Potter books and absolutely don't understand what the hype is about. I've seen the movies, which were entertaining, but I don't understand why there was such hysteria over these books.
10. I am an absolute music junky. I have a lot of music and wish I could buy everything I want but I would have to sell my house and live in my van. I have an affinity for live albums and one of my absolute favorites is Dashboard Confessional's MTV Unplugged. I listen to that all of the time and can never get enough.
11. I buy books based on their covers. It might be the greatest story ever told but if I don't like the cover it's a no-go.
Ryan's 11 Questions
1. What song describes you best? I absolutely love this song and remember singing it to myself before bed for years.
And I would really be remiss to not include this one.
2. What is the best part about where you live? The lake. If you have ever seen Lake Superior it basically looks like an ocean and it's peaceful. I'm a total Pisces and cannot function without water, I only wish the lake wasn't so fucking cold all of the time.
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? In a place like Key West. I am a beach girl at heart and I crave the water. Every time I go to Florida I feel at home and peaceful. Sure, there's a lot of bad driving old people and a lot of non-English speaking people... but the atmosphere is what I like. And I imagine Key West is very low key, tranquil, you can be on the water, walk on the beach, and life is just a lot less stressful.
4. You perfect day would include? My perfect day would include road tripping and doing touristy things. Love it.
5. What are you looking forward to? I look forward to someday being able to travel and see the world. It's a life goal and I hope someday I can do it.
6. If money were no obstacle, what would you do with your time? Travel extensively. I want to see new places, hear different languages, experience other cultures and see the treasures of the world.
7. Your favorite item in your closet is? My toy box. I store it in my closet and it makes me happy.
8. In an hour you will be? At work, probably re-organizing the back room.
9. Which countries have you visited- which was your favorite? I've only been to Canada for a day and it's wasn't awesome. Granted- I was under 10 when I was there so it was lame.
10. Where do you see yourself in 20 years? I don't know and that's scary.
11. What are you currently reading? "Wake" by Amanda Hocking.
I'm going to cheat and not ask you 11 questions OR tag anyone. If you want to do it, great- let me know you did it so I can see. ;)