It's Monday and I am exhausted. I have a lot of stuff to catch you up on such as:
- Smashing Pumpkins concert on Saturday. I have a few pictures, not a ton, but I have to tell you about "Todd" and how he rubbed my ass the entire time and it was hilarious and awkward because I had nowhere else to go. It was nuts to butts, as Kate said.
- And how Maggie the GPS failed me AGAIN and forced me to get us from St. Paul back onto the highway to Duluth all on my own. And then I took a random chance and found the right highway on total accident and all was good again.
- Car Naming Contest. Matt and I cannot agree on a name and it's caused some fighting in the house. This means I'll have to have you people all vote and once I figure out how to make a voting thingie work on here, I'll have that up.
- Domestic Bitch Weekends are going to come back. I was in a baking mood which I have decided happens when I see people with babies. Since I can't bake a baby because Matt is a fun killer, I decide baking cupcakes is the next best thing. Which is hilarious because if I eat these cupcakes surely I will look as if I'm baking a baby. It's the Circle of Life, yo.
- Because I have been asked MULTIPLE times if Dear Sara will ever come back, it will. But you people keep emailing me questions with "don't post on Dear Sara" and frankly- if I can't post on here (without your name, obviously) I'm going to start charging your asses. Dang. Even Dr. Phil gets paid.
- Laundry room versus Matt. Drywall may be going up. I'm not going to talk all crazy and name dates, but let's just say that drywall may be purchased against his will. I've decided that home improvement projects for Matt is much like Olivia refusing to poop. You can say no all you want, but one way or another, it's going to happen.
In other news, I saw on a friend's Facebook page she purchased a book and it looks REALLY interesting so you know once I get my pay check I'll have to buy it as well. It's called, Help Me Live As I Die: Cancer vs. the Power of Love. You can check out the web page HERE. But I think this is kind of a great book simply because it's a same sex couple who are struggling with an impending tragedy and it's their love story. It sounds really inspiring anyways, but the fact that it's a same sex couple who love each other and go through the journey of cancer together kind of makes those anti-gay marriage people look like assholes, doesn't it? We all know I'm pro-choice on pretty much everything, including same sex marriage, so I'm interested in this book. So if you are at all interested, spread the word or pick up a copy for yourself and let me know what you think.
Also this weekend I put myself into a Mommy Time Out because sometimes? I'm just over it. This weekend I caught Olivia lying about the dumbest things, and it's like it doesn't even phase her. First up was the fact she totally peed the bed. I'm sorry- but if your entire room smells like pee? Don't stand there and tell me you did not pee your bed, as your pajamas are totally soaked through. Come on now, it may be early in the morning and I may be completely exhausted, but I'm not an idiot. So she starts screaming at me that I don't ever believe her and I'm like, obviously- you're dripping in pee. I don't know what other conclusions to draw from this. So I told her that she wasn't going to Grandma's house because of this and then she FLIPS OUT that she never gets to go to Grandma's house and I'm a horrible mom, etc and I just had to explain that maybe next time she'll think about lying. I mean, I don't know how many times I can say that I won't be mad if you have an accident and just tell me. Seriously. But if I find the evidence shoved in a closet or I'm on the search for The Smell, I'm going to be kind of pissed off that you lied and then tried to hide it. Hello- I will always find out. But that was just one instance of the weekend and by the end of last night I felt like running away.
So YAY, let's hope this week isn't a total bust. I also have my eye on some concerts. Cross your fingers.