Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Idiots- they're everywhere.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm the one with the problem. It's disheartening to think there are so many idiots out there that smart people are becoming a rare commodity. You see spoiled brats and irresponsible adults and you can point the blame at the parents for babying them and completely giving free reign to teenagers and say, see? That's why you are the way you are.

But why are people so fucking dumb? I mean, is it education? I don't know, but everyday I wander around my day and find myself shaking my head all day. I probably look like I have Tourette's or something. Here are some examples from just this week of crap I've dealt with:


  • I had someone scream at me over the phone because I don't know what they registered for. 
  • I had someone tell me I'm screwing people over and I should give comparable prices because it's robbery to pay the prices we don't even dictate. 
  • I got asked out by a registered sex offender. 
  • If you are making a right hand turn, why do cars feel the need to drift into the left lane to get more turning room? Countless times every day the side of my car is almost taken out because people are afraid to turn their steering wheel. 
  • You are absolutely never, ever allowed to park ON the sidewalk in front of a daycare. Or then the next day park on the wrong side of the road, facing the wrong direction and give ME the finger when you back up for no reason and almost take me out. 
  • A woman almost dropped her baby on the sidewalk and then starts yelling at said baby for being "too fucking wiggly and making everything harder". Never mind that this was maybe a 3 or 4 month old baby. Maybe. 
  • Watched a woman scream at the cashier in the grocery store over a .50 difference in her favor. I thought that poor cashier was going to start crying. 
  • Saw a parent tell their child to "try not to be such an asshole today. It's fucking embarrassing for me to have to deal with you every day". Pretty sure that parent didn't notice his son looked like he wanted to cry. 
  • Was told by the car dealership that the error I saw on my display absolutely could not have happened, despite the fact that I have a picture to prove it. They basically called me a liar. 
  • Being told that I am a shitty friend because her birthday card was two days late. Bitch, you're lucky you even got one, I have Christmas presents that haven't been mailed yet. 
  • A guy ran over my foot with his shopping cart and almost knocked me over in the middle of Target because I was helping an old lady get a greeting card off of the shelf. He then proceeded to bitch me out for being in the way despite the fact that he had the entire rest of the aisle to get around me- more than enough room. 
  • People who don't stop for pedestrians and then get on Facebook to rant about the police ticketing you. Hi- you almost ran over a mom with a stroller in a school zone doing 45 in a 25, a ticket is the least you should get, asshole. 
I don't know. I'm clearly crabby this week but dealing with dickheads all day is really draining. 

11 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Um. You need to move. I just decided this. People in Omaha are much, much nicer.

Amber said...

Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy?

If not, go watch it right now.

It explains everything.

Jaime Hungry said...

For get idiots. These people are just fucking assholes.

kimberrleigh said...

Because one of my New Years Resolutions is to not be such a huge bitch twatwaffle, I've been consciously being nice to every person I come across. In that effort, I've noticed how genuienly RUDE and asshole-like people are.

My favorite is down here (I don't know if it's all the South or just Memphis) where people don't fucking wait for you to back out of a spot. Bitch, I'm halfway into the aisle and you seriously can't wait 2 fucking seconds. I flip them off all the time.


<3
carelessly graceful

Kattrina said...

I agree with Shannon - you need to move. I live in the DC area, where people are not that friendly, and they are friendlier and less idiotic than where you are.

SpiritPhoenix said...

I think you need one of these:

http://www.knockknockstuff.com/catalog/categories/books-other-words/books/citations-for-real-life/

They've got some great stuff there. I may have to get something from them.

Jennifer Kay said...

If you are moving to an idiot-free area, it's def not Michigan babe...I'm surrounded.

Matt said...

Yeah it's a terrible world out there. Interactions on Facebook make me sometimes wish I could go back to pre-Internet days in the vein of the whole "ignorance is bliss" mantra

Annah said...

Miami is like this but possibly ten times worse..

Gini said...

WHAT THE FUCK. Do you ever say anything back? Pretty sure I'd get in a fistfight with any one of those douchenuggets.

I also agree with Shannon! So that's three votes to move thus far, two votes for Omaha.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Woww...I can't believe this all happened in a week. That poor cashier (and the woman was getting 50 cents in HER favor? And that's a bad thing? Not that it's a huge deal to have to pay 50 cents more, sheesh).

All these stories with the kids are really sad, like the "wiggly" baby and the kid who was told not to be an asshole. Why are some people parents?

-Lauren