Friday, February 8, 2013

Thank god it's fucking Friday.

I can't even tell you how exhausted I am this week because there are no words. You know it's going to be a rough week when you wake up every day thinking it's Friday only to be reminded that hey- it's not anywhere near Friday.

I've had a headache literally every day this week. The muscles in my neck and back are so tensed up that I'm actually getting a chair massage from the Koreans in the middle of the mall. I don't know how much it costs but at this point, I don't even care. I can barely move my head. And I know it's moving towards migraine territory because of how exhausted I am. Every time this happens, it takes a real effort to not fall asleep. I can literally sleep anywhere and I need it to not be in the car or at my desk.

Plus it's been snowing on an off the entire week. Which, don't get me wrong, I prefer snow over the frigid temperatures but shoveling all five days this week is a bit old. Considering my neck and back hurt as it is and hauling snow does not help. We're supposed to get some snow storm this weekend so we'll see. I really hope that school gets cancelled on Monday and my work closes. It's a long shot, but I'm going to keep the dream alive anyways.

I've also slept like crap the entire week (despite how exhausted I am). Between my neck and back, our really crap bed, and Matt snoring I feel like not even trying to sleep. I've decided that this weekend? We're getting a bed. I don't even care what it is at this point because anything would be an upgrade to what we have now. Matt and I are going on an early Valentine's Day date tomorrow night and part of that will be to get a new bed. I'd skip dinner if it meant I could get a new bed delivered Monday.

Speaking of which, my stomach has felt off all week. Not quite the flu, but certainly not normal either. I'm working full time hours alone next week because my boss is on vacation so I really, really cannot get the flu. I can't be down for a minute. So the plan for this afternoon is to get Olivia's shoes for soccer, and then go home and rest. I'm chugging water and orange juice and really hoping I'm not getting sick.

The only bright spot of this week is that we have our flight and hotels all booked for our Florida trip in June. All I need now is a car rental and to get our Disney tickets now. I can wait to get those there, but if I save even a few dollars by ordering online? Sold. I'm excited about the trip, the kids are way excited, and it'll be nice to see my family again. It's been almost four years since we were there last so it's time. They'll want to see how much the kids have grown and their hilarious personalities.

The kids start soccer tomorrow which they are both excited about. I think Jackson will just want to kick the ball or sit by me the entire time and Olivia will be awkward and probably trip and fall. She wants to try sports but she really is not graceful and she's just very nonathletic. But I keep signing her up for things because she wants to do them and I keep thinking she'll find a sport she's really good at and it'll be worth it. This is Jackson's first time being signed up for anything so we'll see. The good news is that they are on the same team, so at least getting pictures won't be a total hassle. I just wonder how much of my Saturday mornings are going to be blown sitting at the YMCA.

I'll try to get a few more book reviews up over the weekend, and I'll probably have a hilarious story on how Matt and I fought inside of the furniture store over a mattress, but regardless- have a great weekend.


4 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Sorry about the awful week. I'm not ill (at the moment, lets hope it stays that way) but I've had kind of a crap week too. I'm supposed to get lunch with a friend in a couple hours and I'm so excited to just hang out and try not to stress about the million things I have going on.

That's cute your kids are on the same team! I started soccer at the YMCA as well. Hope it's a good weekend.

middle child said...

You are pretty busy and if you add in the weather....no wonder you aren't feeling the best. It's good that you are able to expose your kids to different kinds of things. Took my one grandson awhile until he discovered Track. So since it's date night and you are trying out beds anyway...any chance you might,...er...happy bed hunting!

Josie said...

You should really go to a chiropractor to see about the headaches and migraines...not to mention the neck and back pain. I was having some serious migraines when I was like 15. I went to a neurologist and the whole bit and no one could figure out what was wrong. I went to a chiropractor, and sure enough, my vertebrae weren't aligned and they were pinching all sorts of important nerves. I started going regularly to get adjustments and the migraines went away. Now if I go to long without an adjustment they come back. Seriously. Try it.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Hope you are feeling better!