Thursday, February 14, 2013

Things to note. Total random crap.

1. I'm just saying that if you are afraid to drive the speed limit on a highway, you need to not be on the fucking highway. I feel like ramming into you. Other drivers should not be able to smell your fear.

2. When you drive a car that is missing a good chunk of your front end and most of your back, it says two things about you. 1. You are probably a really bad driver and 2. You don't have insurance. Either way, I'm steering clear and wish you'd just get off the road. You're a menace.

3. Did you husband get you flowers ordered from Home Depot? Mine did. So there.

4. I bought these and I don't care what you say, I love them.
Rocket Dog Jazzin Sneakers
5. I'd like to know why Carnival Cruise Lines can't get those people off the hoopty boat. I mean, if they can transfer supplies and get the people with medical conditions off, then why can't you get others? Surely there is a way to do this. At this point I guess I would be faking any disease I could to get the hell off. Then you have all of the "see, all cruises are bad" folks and no. Stop being a moron. When you use math to calculate how many cruises sail each year and then subtract the number who have mechanical failures or horrible things like this? It's low. Horrible stuff like this is probably around the same as plane crashes that kill everyone yet people still fly. If I had a choice of dying in a plane crash or being on this boat, I'd pick the boat. I mean, sure- you're going to Alabama but at least you get to go home eventually.

6. What the hell is going on with the gas prices? JESUS. It's up, then it's down, then it's up, up again, down a little, up, etc. Figure it the fuck out and leave it alone. Seriously. Not that I'm buying a whole ton of gas but all of the changes even if it's a few pennies in either direction, are making people pissy and bitching on Facebook.

7. Can I also just say I've stopped watching the news? I really have. I can't even listen to crazy Republicans who hate everything Obama says or does. First off, if you watch and listen to anything Fox News tells you I wish you had gotten better comprehension skills in school. But you didn't and you get to vote. YAY. And anyone who is bitching about the probably-never-going-to-happen-anyways minimum wage increase? Obviously has never tried to raise a family on $7.25 an hour, because if you have, then you would understand why an increase means everything to these people. And maybe there needs to be something else in place, like a totally redefined minimum wage system. Maybe you start at $7.25 and if you've been there for so many months (like 12-15) you get bumped up to $9.00 and so on. That still gives employers a little leeway and some hope to employees who stick around.

8. Did I tell you I booked our Florida vacation? I DID. Well, most of it. I only need to get a car rental and our tickets for our two days at Disney. The kids are excited, I'm excited, and Matt's just meh. You can never really tell with him, he's got a really low affect or something.

9. My cats are assholes. Lola is climbing up curtains in my room, Stumpy is chasing shit that isn't even there, and Batman is skittish and flips out and starts hissing at everyone. Unless it's time to eat and then he's your best fucking friend. Not to mention they kept putting their cat toys under appliances and Batman started chewing on the GAS LINE to my stove. Idiot. So he might puncture that and we'll all die in our sleep from fumes. If you never hear from me again, blame Batman.

10. The kids are sick. Olivia was awful and very slowly on the mend, Jackson has it now and I can still barely move my right arm/neck/shoulder. Who knew that the Korean Mall Massagers aren't year round? I wandered the entire mall once asking random people where the Koreans were that do massages and nobody knew what I was talking about. And I'm not going to the chiropractor ever. I did call and he wants almost $400 to "update my xrays" and "charts" plus then whatever to do the actual adjustment. Um, fuck you. I'll just walk around like Quasimodo for a few weeks, it's gotta go back on it's own eventually, right? I mean, what did pioneers do? They didn't have chiropractors or Koreans.

11. New favorite band? Awolnation. You're welcome.

4 comments:

middle child said...

Sara....just breathe!

Kattrina said...

I don't watch the news either. It's too depressing and makes me angry. It's kind of embarrassing because I work with a bunch of lawyers who follow Congress for their job and half the time I have no idea what they are talking about. The only time I find out about stuff is if it makes it on MSN when I log out of my Hotmail account.

And does your insurance cover physical therapy? Sometimes insurances cover that even if they don't cover Chiropractors. I think chiropractors are bad news - they get people addicted but they never really fix you. Once you go, you have to keep going and going and going. However, if you go the the physical therapist they teach you exercises that you can do yourself so you eventually get better - and can stop going. That's my thought at least.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Congrats on the Florida booking!

I mostly just see headlines in my news feed. I only turn the tv on if the headlines are some really compelling breaking news story. Like that meterorite exploding over russia. Gotta turn the tv on to see that shit. Oh and did you hear about how those poor cruise people finally got off the boat and one of the buses they were put on BROKE DOWN on it's way to New Orleans? I mean really God, haven't they suffered enough?

Dorothy Thompson said...

LOL I think your blog is the most hilarious blog I've ever read. I love this part:

Obviously has never tried to raise a family on $7.25 an hour, because if you have, then you would understand why an increase means everything to these people. And maybe there needs to be something else in place, like a totally redefined minimum wage system. Maybe you start at $7.25 and if you've been there for so many months (like 12-15) you get bumped up to $9.00 and so on. That still gives employers a little leeway and some hope to employees who stick around.

So WTF is everyone waiting for for shit's sakes? Suddenly I feel I can cuss like a trucker on your blog, lol.

WTG, Sara...you're in inspiration to humanity and to me...;o)