Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Calm down, bitches.

I've been itching to delete a bunch of people from Facebook for awhile but sometimes the goodness in me takes over and then I feel bad. I don't want them to feel slighted and after all, you're supposed to just love people through phases and bad behavior. They tell you that about parenting and I just assume you use that for everyone.

Last night though? Last night was the tipping point.
Pinned Image

Because while I saw a lot of positive posts about praying for Boston and all that, there were no less than 25 posts about how clearly, this is Obama's fault. Lemme spell that out for you, TWENTY-FIVE. Honestly, America? Just try really hard. Get a firm grip of your thighs and yank your head out of your ass. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Pinned Image

First off, we don't know who planned this out or pulled it off, but what we do know is that no matter who it is or where they are from- this was terrorism. So that's easy to figure out. And no matter who it is, the fact that people turn it into a political thing right off the bat is obscene. For all we know it could have been someone who really hates runners. Maybe he lives down there and the blocked traffic and mass amount of people has just set them over the edge. You never know. Or maybe it was something more sinister, and that would be equally tragic. Either way, this was bad.

But the important thing? Is to see all of the good people who risked their own safety to help total strangers. To see all of the people trying to help others even if they don't live near Boston, the people who are donating blood in their own communities, and doing what they can to help out long distance. That is what we should be talking to our children about. That is what we should focus on. That is evidence that no matter how few or how many people try to bring evil into this world, there are even more people who are doing good. That shows you that this world isn't scary, it isn't going to shit. Compared to other areas of the world who deal with this on the daily? We are lucky. We are fortunate, we are safe. It's going to be just fine. We'll get through this. Loss happens and while being blown up by a bomb isn't an ideal way for a life to end, all life ends in one way or another. It just does. Let's not freak out and panic.

And really? For the people who immediately started with the "this is why need our guns!" rants? Jesus help you. Seriously. I'm not even religious, but I pray for you. I pray you learn basic comprehension and realization skills because those two things will carry you far in life. Because no kind of gun is going to save you if a god damn bomb goes off next to you. Settle down, sparky. And if you would just educate yourself beyond Fox News you would know that nobody is trying to take your guns away. If we're lucky we'll get mandatory background checks. It's not enough, there should be a lot more, but it's a start. But again, guns will not save you from bombs.

So yes. The friend list has gone down dramatically. And it feels good, homies.
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

Jandy xx said...

love it, love you! (and am glad that i linked to this through facebook because i obviously made the cut, yay me!)

Ruth said...

I have not seen a thing about it being Obama's fault.
Guns against a bomb is stupid. I don't think we agree about the rest of the gun issue, but that's OK.

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

This is why I am rarely on Facebook. It makes me insane.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

My stream blames the Tea Party. In fact I checked the times & it took someone just over an hour after the blasts to point the finger at the Tea Party. I hate that mindset. "Something terrible has happened! Let me use it to feed my prejudices!" Bad enough politicians use it but at least they tend to wait until they have some facts to back it up. I just block people when they get annoying & then a few days later I unblock them

Stephie @ Our Marriage Adventure said...

Yea, this reminds me why I cut a good 50+ people from my "friends" list last summer. I honestly couldn't stand their lack of logical thinking skills. I wish people would understand that the only person (people) at fault is the individual(s) who made the bombs and detonated the bombs.

Martha Woods said...

Ah, I love you for this! I think some culling on my "friends" list is also in order.

Eileen Ward said...

Man...before the last election, my 'friends' list got seriously culled b/c every time someone uttered something disrespectful of EITHER side, they were gone. I magically got rid of about 90% of my Republican 'friends' that way. The friends I kept know how to be respectful.
Anyways...my family is from Boston, and even though they call themselves 'mass-holes' we're a nice bunch, and are always willing to help someone out...as long as there is coffee or the Red Sox involved.