Sunday, May 19, 2013

American Idol- we're coming for you.

So Olivia had her spring concert at school earlier this month and I'm just now getting around to telling you about it. She had been practicing for weeks and I swear to you that if I have to hear "On Top of Spaghetti" one more time I might actually lose it.

Oh, and they had an art show at the same time. And they have hands down, the best art teacher ever, because the artwork was displayed a thousand times better than last year. Olivia wanted me to make sure I got a picture of her volcano, which she was extra proud of. They got to pick one piece to put in the show and she knew all along this is the one she'd pick.
And let us all rejoice that she didn't grow and I could have her wear the same dress for the Father/Daughter dance she went to! YAY! Look at her- all big girl totally making her way to the stage.
Can you spot her, totally singing her heart out?
 She did a fabulous job and eagerly sang every song.
 And did the dance moves to them all like they learned.
And of course, posed for pictures because you know I took a ton and had to pick my favorites for this post.

But what's so funny is that when you meet her? She's a pretty mild mannered kid. Sure, she can get loud and crazy from time to time, but if she's not with her brother, she's pretty shy and quiet. Put her on a stage? She goes all in for it. Wait until you see her dance recital pictures. I swear, next year? Next year I'm taping her somehow because she is hysterical.

Now that her spring concert is done, she has gone back to singing Justin Bieber and the dreaded Taylor Swift on her karaoke machine. God help us all.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

She's young. She will learn soon enough what good music really sounds like.