Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dancing Queen.

So... you can tell I'm going to play catch up with the next few blog posts mostly because I just haven't had time. But hopefully once we're all done moving things will back to normal.

(Don't laugh- I refuse to think things could be worse.)

Olivia recently had her dance recital and seriously- she is a freaking HAM. And if you knew her in real life she can be a really silly, goofy kid- but for the most part she's kind of quiet and a little shy. You put her in a tutu, put on some music, and push her in front of a group and it's like an entirely different child. I have never laughed so hard in my life. My girl WORKED her dance recital. My mom couldn't even believe how into she was and even my dance mom friends kept laughing and saying Olivia was taking this damn seriously!

 Do you see my little peanut? Back left corner- this is their "Itsy Bitsy, Teenie, Weenie" routine.
 Kicking feverishly.
 Oh god. Their other song was "Party in the U.S.A." and they were supposed to be sassy. Olivia was definitely sassy- she's the far right, second from the front.
 I can't even tell you  how many times I heard that damn Miley Cyrus song over the past few months.
 But she absolutely loves to dance and is pretty stinking good at it!
Her and her dance friend, Ruby.

While dance on Tuesdays can be a little hectic with the school day and just regular life, she loves it. And I absolutely love it because I have met some really great moms who have turned out to be really great friends. I hope all of her friends (and their cool moms) come back next  year because I really do enjoy my Tuesday night bitch session with these ladies. The worst part of dance being on hiatus until the fall really is my weekly chat with these ladies- I think next year we should make a pact that on Tuesdays next summer? We still get together even if it's just for an hour. I think we all could benefit from that.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

It's great that she really enjoys dance. She is so cute.

scrapperjen said...

Love the pictures. I can't believe how big she is.