Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I'm back and still fabulous. And in a new house. WHAT?

Oh yes. Lambies, it is GOOD to be back. It really is. This last month has been insane to say the absolute least but oh the stories I have. But first things first.

We moved.

 This is our last family picture in front of the old house. It was kind of a weird night where we camped on the living room floor and watched the movie The Money Pit, which is easily one of my favorites of all time. We watched it on our first night there and seriously- it was fitting. I don't want to think about the amount of money (and time) we put into that house.
 This was the picture I took of our little house the morning we left. I took the kids to my mom's, came back to help Matt pack up the last of our stuff and did some last minute cleaning. And then I proceeded to cry like a bitch in my car in front of the house. It didn't help that even Matt teared up a little. But time was ticking and we had to meet for our final walk through of new house and then get to the bank to officially sign our house away.

And then sign our lives away for new house. We got to meet the owners who turned out to be the sweetest, nicest couple ever. They had lived here for 22 years and had to leave because the stairs were hard on them as they get older. Which, understandable- I'll explain later. But they were really great, gave us more information we could ever ask for about it, gave us contact information should we have questions later on, and were just so great. Like, I felt like meeting them was meant for me to not feel so sad about leaving the memories of our old house knowing that another family have had great memories and times here and we would too.

But you don't care about any of that, you want to see pictures, don't you?
 We have a gorgeous front porch that is 3 season right now. Someday... it might be more. Well, all 19 windows and one door need to be replaced. No, I'm not joking. So this is what you see when you open the door that is in the dining room.
 Then when you go around the corner- you see the other half of the porch. SO MUCH POTENTIAL.
 This is my kitchen. It's decent sized and a ton of cabinets. An obscene amount, really. I need to get a little kitchen table and chairs to go under the light fixture just out of range of the photo.
 This is the main floor bathroom, right off the kitchen.
 Oh- this is the PANTRY hallway on the way to the bathroom and basement. Seriously- it's glorious.
 So... when I took this pictures (day of move in) (and yes, I'm a fast unpacker/furniture setter upper), everything was a mess. So... look past that. But this is my dining room off the kitchen on the way to the living room.
 Here is my SCRAPBOOK ROOM off the dining room. It's going to be a scrapbooking room/office/spare bedroom once I get a futon in case people come to stay. And I get doors for the room. So come visit me, bitches.
 My living room! It's bigger, a little more spacious, and it feels far more homey.
 I have a huge basement, but most of it is like... storage area that has nothing in it, but this is my laundry area at the bottom of the stairs. It's kind of ugly but it too has lots of potential.
 OK, in the living room are the stairs to go up to the bedrooms. This is the landing area at the top of the stairs- again, a ton more storage.
 This is our bathroom. I'll confess that I took this picture after our vacation because the shower? Had doors, not a curtain. I'll post more about this when I start posting "after" pictures. Which, if you know me at all, is already in full progress.
 Our room. Well, it's currently the most hideous. With it's country blue/Dorothy from Wizard of Oz dress fashioned into curtains, ugly fucking wall paper, and bizarre stains on the walls and oh yes- a GUN CABINET in the closet, it needs a lot of work.
 Another bummer? It's WAY smaller than our old room, obviously. This means that all of my super amazing, finally grown up bedroom furniture? Doesn't all fit. Noticeably, I am without a headboard. The irony here is the only reason we got bedroom furniture was so that we could FINALLY have a headboard. So yes. The biggest disappointment of this house is hands down, our bedroom. It's kind of horrible. I actually kind of hate it.
 Anyways. Next to us is Kate's room. Matt's sister Kate is living with us and I didn't take a picture because I don't know that she wants her room online. But it's a basic room with a massive closet. Down the hall, yes the HALL (see how big this hall is?!) are the kids' rooms. Remember when I said that we had to move because of Olivia's nonstop karaoke singing? I can't even hear her anymore. It's so glorious.
 This is Jackson's room- it's easily double the size of his old room. AND he has a closet.
 And Olivia's room. Is easily a 1/4 of what she had and she is crammed in here, but hopefully pretty soon I can convince her to get rid of some of her crap.
 View from the stairs of our living room.
 Oh yes- I have a MUD ROOM. It's kind of great. This is the back door area.
 View of my backyard/patio area from my garage.
 Backdoor/side of the house.
 Front of the house.

So far, the neighborhood is good. We haven't heard gunshots and I am not aware of a pedophile behind us. We have a LOT yet to do in this house but we have time. The great thing is that unlike our first home, nothing broke right away. If you don't count the microwave. The over the range one bit the dust shortly after moving in and that was another $130 expense we didn't plan on. But other than that, no major catastrophes yet.

But you know how we roll- things are bound to show up. Like the birds in the attic. Oh yes, that discovery was made today. But I'll leave you hanging here.

xx

10 comments:

Joelle Burnette said...

Oh, to have a pantry. I added massive, clunky garage shelves in the hallway coat closet and pretend it's a pantry. And a mud room...Martha Stewart!

The house looks super! Use it in good health!

Joelle

Unknown said...

Damn I missed you/your posts. Yay for new house, and SUPER YAY for a whole scrapbook room! :D

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

LOVE IT! I have a three season porch as well, and all the windows need to be replaced so I want to rip the whole thing out.

Shirley said...

I love that you're back! I love you're house. And I'm a little jelly of your crazy ability to unpack like a mad woman.

Steff said...

THAT PORCH! I'm so jealous!

Congrats on the house, it's seriously so awesome!

Martha Hokenson said...

Congrats on getting all moved! Sounds like you've got a lot of work to do--painting etc.--have fun with it all and hopefully no major catastrophes come your way!

FinnyKnits said...

Yay new house! Yay no pedophiles (that you know of)! Whoa on the curtains, but I'm sure those are out soon enough. I can't wait to see how you deck out that craft room - that's bomb.

Ruth said...

Your new house looks amazing! I am jealous of the porch.

Jen Mc said...

Your new house is wonderful! I love the porch and your laundry room...I'm jealous!
Wishing you many happy years full of wonderful memories here.

Julie H said...

Hopefully the ghoat didn't move with you ;) It looks like a really nice place!