Shit is getting real, folks. Matt and I are officially out of reserve money thanks to him buying a truck without telling me.
Yes, I'm still a wee bit pissy about it.
Tomorrow he gets paid and things are going to get bare bones. And when I say bare bones, I really mean it this time. This weekend ended up being unexpectedly not booked with anything, so we really sat down and decided what we need to get done in this house. Fortunately, most of the work part of it will have to wait until next summer, but there are a few things we're going to do over the course of the winter since it doesn't requires anything outdoors to do.
Indoor Repair/Make Less Shitty List:
- Upstairs toilet. I know, bitches. I know. We'll have a less leaky toilet soon.
- Downstairs toilet. I'm getting sick of cleaning this one seven times more than normal.
- Downstairs bathroom sink counter top. Because OH HEY, it's all warped and weird because some douchenozzle got it wet and just did nothing about it. AND, as it turns out, it's not really connected to the cabinet. Because of course not.
- Paint downstairs bathroom. The fish theme? Has to go.
- Make family room area in the basement. This will be a pain because Matt has grand ideas, as do I, and this will mean him really doing a super good job because this is our forever home and he can't half ass it.
- 19 windows replaced in front porch. Rough estimate? $3000. *blow* In order to combat that, we're thinking of ways to reduce the weird height of the window but also so it doesn't look weird on the outside.
- New roof. Matt will do it, so that saves us thousands in a contractor. BUT, we're still looking at probably $6000 by the time it's all said and done.