Sunday, November 10, 2013

Crafty while eating macaroni.

Oh lambs, what a weekend. It's been kind of bananas and I still have more to go, but overall it wasn't totally shitastic. Mostly because I did get a lot done despite being exhausted.

I know you don't want to think about it, but it is November and you don't want to wait until the last minute to get your holiday cards! And yes, I'm telling you to not go the route of photo cards because everybody does it. I am telling you to go the route of handmade cards and put a picture in them. Write a hand written note to your friends & family wishing them a Merry Christmas- people really do appreciate that added effort. And lucky for you- I've been a crafty bee this weekend!


Not to mention? I have a bunch of other cards that could be put into stockings, used as teacher/neighbor/friend/coworker gifts, a few finished frames, and one set of ornaments. I am going to make some more ornaments if I have time- so if you are wanting a set of glitter ornaments, send me an email (sarastrand9438 (at) hotmail (dot) com) with how many you'd like and what color you'd like. I can do pretty much any color. Message me soon so I can make sure to get what I need quickly! 

But today wasn't just crafting. Matt started putting up our Christmas house lights because it's easier to do that when it's A) not freezing and B) there is no snow on the ground.

 I did get the stink eye from one neighbor when he saw our icicle lights so I said "ho, ho, ho" to him and he looked horrified. Little does he know how much fucking cheer is going up in my yard this year. Because OH YES, I found the two four foot Santa and Penguin guys I forgot I bought last year. 

WIN. 

Also today I made macaroni & cheese in the crockpot. Which was freaking delicious. I've been making it for awhile but some weekends all you want is something probably terrible for you that tastes super good. Luckily I wasn't a complete pig and I have some to bring to work tomorrow for my lunch. So without further ado, here is the recipe I've tweaked to perfection:

Crock pot Macaroni Deliciousness

1 box (16 oz) of pasta- I use elbow macaroni
1 package (16 oz) of Velveeta 
1 package (16 oz) of Colby Jack chunk cheese (you can use a whole bunch of whatever cheese you want)
1/2 stick of butter
about 1/2 cup of milk
salt/pepper to taste

1. Cook your noodles HALF WAY on the stove. 
2. Spray the hell out of your crock pot. I mean it, get crazy with your spray. 
3. Once your noodles are done, dump those into your crock pot. 
4. Make sure all of your cheese and butter are cubed- dump those into crock pot. 
5. Dump in your milk. 
6. Add your salt/pepper. Or don't. It doesn't matter. 
7. Stir it all up. Get excited. 
8. Cook on LOW for 4 hours. You can stir it half way through if you like. 
9. Try not to eat it all in one sitting. 
10. Or do and just don't tell anyone. 




1 comment:

Julie H said...

You don't have tomorrow off :( I thought you worked at a school?

The cards are so pretty!