Sunday, December 8, 2013

Jet

Lambs. Good lord, lambs. You need to just add this author to your favorite list of everything because she is kind of amazing and I need her to never stop writing. This series also cannot be done with Rome- there are other boys in this group that need love as well. Get crackin' Jay. *psh, psh* (That? That is my attempt at the sound of a whip in written form.)

Jet - Jay Crownover
Jet
With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.
Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.
Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?
GOOD LORD. I have already read and reviewed the first book in this series, Rule, and it was really great. Then I got this one and squealed so loud that my dog Twinky piddled himself in the kitchen and Stumpy the cat knocked the water dish over. When animals go wild, things get serious. But this book did not disappoint. 
We have Jet, with his too tight pants, tattoos, and piercings. Then we have Ayden who appears to be a textbook good girl but as it turns out she is anything but. They are both conflicted about themselves being in a relationship and they both have all kinds of personal shit happening and then you combine it and BOOM, you have a really great New Adult romance novel that makes you think maybe you should have spent more time in questionable bars and tattoo parlors if this is the kind of guy you could have ended up with. 
And maybe it's just me thinking that, but it doesn't matter because it's awesome and amazing. 
The only thing that made me feel a little stabby was Ayden. Ayden is kind of... a moron. I mean, she's naive but she isn't, if that makes sense. She knows what she feels for Jet but she cannot figure out that he feels the same. She tries to deny what she feels and convince herself that it's not a big deal and that it's just a passing thing and it's like no. You are a moron and stop being so stupid and just bang the boy already. So then she does bang the boy and even still- she's being a moron. And you know there is little else I can't stand in a book than a female character being so self involved and stupid. Jet, for his part, is a little more reserved with love and such but he has had a really terrible example to follow with his douchebag dad and emotional bag of useless for a mother. So I mean, I get that. I get it coming from him. And while Ayden clearly doesn't have the childhood that's worth anything either, someone I expect more from her.  Which is probably sexist in some way but it's a book and I can say that so there. 
Anyways. 
I ended up LOVING this book regardless. Why? Because when Ayden finally gets it? She is all in. It's like she throws all caution to the wind and jumps head first and you're left wondering why the hell didn't she just do that in the first place? Good grief. And they are just a really great fit. By the end of the book it's like a well oiled machine and you can totally see why they are a good match together. 
And to say I'm eagerly anticipating the third book, Rome, is a total understatement. I WANT IT NOW. I seriously hope I'm on that tour because if  not I'm going to be bummed. I am such a fan of Jay Crownover, you will not be disappointed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely need to get on the ball and read these books!

Thanks for being on the tour.