Sunday, December 15, 2013

Whomp, whomp. That's me kicking the weekend's ass.

We're down to ten days until Christmas which means I am in over drive trying to finish things up. This is the last week of school before winter break, so that means some things on my list are a little more critical than others. Let's take a look at what I did this weekend:


  • I had a really great dinner with my friend Tammy. It was a much needed date away from the house and my family, to be honest. 
  • I got the rest of my Christmas cards in the mail. Phew. Seriously. Seeing that pile leave my desk is always a sure sign that the season is almost over. 
  • Have I mailed my packages? No. But I got them all ready to go. I just pay day to come so I can pay for the shipping. SO, that means you might not have your stuff for Christmas. Whoops. 
  • Finished getting my stocking stuffer stuff for the kids and Matt. 
  • Finished up Matt's gift. 
  • Got EVERY THING wrapped and either under the tree or in their top secret hiding spot. The thought of going to bed at a decent hour on Christmas Eve is kind of amazing. 
  • 3 dozen sugar cookies, 2 dozen ginger snaps, some weird chocolate chip cookie= all baked. 
  • Cream cheese mints? Done. 
  • Caramel popcorn chex mix? Done. 
  • Brown butter caramel snickerdoodles? In process. They are chilling in the fridge. I've never browned butter before- here's hoping I didn't fuck it up. 
  • 8 loads of laundry today? Done. 
  • Floors? Sparkling. 
  • Etsy order? Done!
  • Hand made gift? Working on. Seriously, I've picked a really hard project to do- I need to read things more clearly before I'm all, "I can totally whip this out!" because I cannot. I cannot whip it. 
  • Classroom treats for both classes? Done. 
  • Teacher gifts? Done. 
Seriously- I need to find some loose change to go buy a Mega Millions ticket because clearly, I'm on a roll. I have only sat down for less than an hour today that was to eat lunch and dinner and then now. It feels glorious. Ugh. I don't know if I can get up now. 

Damn. 

It's always these last few days where things start slipping my mind on what I'd like to get done and then I forget, then I obsess over what I didn't finish. My plan going forward to the end of the year is to stay so ridiculously busy that I don't have time to think about my ginormous property tax bill that I stupidly opened up and it almost made me vomit, or the upcoming bills that will surely arrive in the beginning of January. 

But, I am off to bed early tonight (the plan is to get there by 9 p.m.) so that I can be wide awake for this week. This week is awful. I dread this last week of school like you wouldn't believe. I have the holiday shop which I'm at for every shift in case a volunteer doesn't show, work, holiday concert, dance, and more Christmas prep so I'm not raging during all nighters before the holidays. I'll have the entire week of Christmas off..... I want to enjoy it by doing nothing. 

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Work it out girl! I'm trying desperately to bust my lists out. If I get my Christmas cards out by Monday I'm calling it a win! But all of my gifts are wrapped and accounted for. Boom!

Kattrina said...

If browning butter is what happens when you leave it on the stove and forget about it and when you come back it's brown - I do that a lot. Ivan had brown-buttered eggs last night actually!

You were on FIRE this weekend. We moved and my Christmas is pathetic so I haven't even bought gifts because we spent all our money on moving. It is weird not being caught up in the gift buying extravaganza. And a bit sad, as I LOVE gift giving.

Hope the next ten days are great!!! You are amazing!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Sounds like you have a busy week coming up!. I'm off from Dec 21-Jan 2 and and so looking forward to doing as little as possible

Tina said...

You both amaze and shame me. Here we are a week from Christmas and I'm still without decorations, baking or half the presents. Next year please come visit me, I need some serious inspiration and likely an ass kicking.

Tina said...

You both amaze and shame me. Here we are a week from Christmas and I'm still without decorations, baking or half the presents. Next year please come visit me, I need some serious inspiration and likely an ass kicking.