- I had a really great dinner with my friend Tammy. It was a much needed date away from the house and my family, to be honest.
- I got the rest of my Christmas cards in the mail. Phew. Seriously. Seeing that pile leave my desk is always a sure sign that the season is almost over.
- Have I mailed my packages? No. But I got them all ready to go. I just pay day to come so I can pay for the shipping. SO, that means you might not have your stuff for Christmas. Whoops.
- Finished getting my stocking stuffer stuff for the kids and Matt.
- Finished up Matt's gift.
- Got EVERY THING wrapped and either under the tree or in their top secret hiding spot. The thought of going to bed at a decent hour on Christmas Eve is kind of amazing.
- 3 dozen sugar cookies, 2 dozen ginger snaps, some weird chocolate chip cookie= all baked.
- Cream cheese mints? Done.
- Caramel popcorn chex mix? Done.
- Brown butter caramel snickerdoodles? In process. They are chilling in the fridge. I've never browned butter before- here's hoping I didn't fuck it up.
- 8 loads of laundry today? Done.
- Floors? Sparkling.
- Etsy order? Done!
- Hand made gift? Working on. Seriously, I've picked a really hard project to do- I need to read things more clearly before I'm all, "I can totally whip this out!" because I cannot. I cannot whip it.
- Classroom treats for both classes? Done.
- Teacher gifts? Done.
Seriously- I need to find some loose change to go buy a Mega Millions ticket because clearly, I'm on a roll. I have only sat down for less than an hour today that was to eat lunch and dinner and then now. It feels glorious. Ugh. I don't know if I can get up now.
It's always these last few days where things start slipping my mind on what I'd like to get done and then I forget, then I obsess over what I didn't finish. My plan going forward to the end of the year is to stay so ridiculously busy that I don't have time to think about my ginormous property tax bill that I stupidly opened up and it almost made me vomit, or the upcoming bills that will surely arrive in the beginning of January.
But, I am off to bed early tonight (the plan is to get there by 9 p.m.) so that I can be wide awake for this week. This week is awful. I dread this last week of school like you wouldn't believe. I have the holiday shop which I'm at for every shift in case a volunteer doesn't show, work, holiday concert, dance, and more Christmas prep so I'm not raging during all nighters before the holidays. I'll have the entire week of Christmas off..... I want to enjoy it by doing nothing.