Sunday, February 2, 2014

Two-thirds of the way 30 Day Shred update

Land-ho, lambs! Raise your hand if you thought I would have quit my 30 Day Shred by now? It's OK to do that because if we're being honest, I thought I would have quit by now as well. You know how they say it takes 21 days of something for it to be routine? Well that's only kind of true. I'm in a routine more so I don't publicly shame myself than actually being excited to do it. That's kind of the added bonus to me tracking this via Instagram, Facebook and here. I know I'm clogging up your feeds and you know? I don't really care.

Because sometimes? Sometimes it's not about you. Sometimes people need to be publicly shamed when they get lazy. I am one of those people.

But you don't care about that, do you? You want to know if all of this is even worth anything at all. Well, let's see.

 Remember- this was day one?
 And this was day 14?
 Day 14 of my actual belly because I give zero fucks?
 Well here is day 22. BOOM.
Day 22 of actual belly because even still, zero fucks were given.

One thing that is not shrinking? My ass. Which, I guess I'm alright with. I still wish my stomach would go faster, but I'm happy with the progress I've made. I also wish my thighs would get cracking here. Sure, they've gone down a little, but with the amount of squats and lunges I'm doing? What the hell is happening?

When I started this entire progress I was 187 pounds. Which, is the most I've ever weighed, but I wasn't my largest, if that makes sense. At my largest I was 187 but a size 16. On day one of this I was 187 and a size 12, sometimes 14. Proof right there that your actual weight means nothing. But as of this morning, I am 179 and still a size 12, 14's are too big/baggy.

Am I on a special diet? No. Not at all. In fact, I ate fast food twice this week. I also curbed what I ate the rest of the day so I'm confident I'm well under my 2000 calorie intake. I have been drinking a lot more water. I have given up on the meal replacement and/or protein shakes because they all taste foul and even if I can get it down once, I know it's not something I'd want to do willingly again. So I've just increased my water significantly with the help of liquid water enhancer. Which, LOVE. Seriously. I found a strawberry watermelon one that has no sugar, no fat, no calories and tastes like kool aid. It's so good. Some flavors are terrible, some are alright but not anything I'd buy again, but this strawberry watermelon is lovely. I've now hidden it from Matt because he uses too much and at almost $4 a small bottle, asshole needs to conserve.

This week I'm going to try to eat vegetables and fruit. Which, is kind of a big deal because I am notorious for hating those. Like a lot. So, I'm going to take baby steps. I figure forcing myself to eat those is better than gagging through a protein shake, right??

But can we talk about level 3 of the 30 Day Shred? You know when "badass" Natalie doing the super moves looks like she's going to die, things don't look good for you. Never in my life have I ever done such a rigorous workout so we'll see where I am on day 30. I am worried because during my ice cave adventure (more soon), I sprained my ankle. And yes, I'm working out through a sprained ankle. I've resorted to wrapping it tight so that I don't go down like an elephant. But it's a week out and I'm not sure what is wrong with it but the more I rest/ice it? The worse it hurts.

So, that's not awesome. We'll see how it goes the next eight days.

9 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Way to go for not giving up! Impressive!

Krysten Gautreaux said...

I'm wondering how much exercise I'm getting when I include work? This weekend, for instance, I ran my ass off. Picture me serving a 15 top, plus smaller tables, and the 15 top is full of ASSHOLES. Oh and need I mention that one of those assholes wouldn't move away from my tray jack, so there I stand, arms of jelly, with a tray that's holding six heavy, food laden plates, and he won't move. I wanted to drop it on his head.

Okay anyway. So I am major impressed and you seriously are pushing me to stick with it, even on days like today when I just don't want to. Even on days like tomorrow when I'm going to have to wake up uber early to fit in my workout before going shopping.

What are your plans for once you're done with the Shred?

Mom Taxi Julie said...

You're doing great! I hope your ankle starts feeling better though!

I need to decide what I'm going to do next. The posting it on Instagram totally works for me. I have not worked out all weekend. It's so weird.

Danielle said...

You go girl!! You look great and good for you for sticking with it!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Glad to see you are sticking with it! I'm not a major fan of vegetables myself but I find I can eat pureed soups. I make butternut/apple soup in the crock pot, or broccoli cheddar or 'what the hell throw in whatever veg I can find in the fridge' soup, puree it up, divide it between containers and heat & drink as needed. Meal replacement drink without that nasty fake vanilla/sweet and chalk taste.

Angela said...

Great job! I've never enjoyed vegetables either, but I'm trying to find ways to cook them where they won't seem as awful. So far, I can eat broccoli if I smother it in sautéed garlic. And I can eat roasted cauliflower (because roasting it makes it taste kind of like it has breading on it.)

Ruth said...

Good job!
And good luck with the vegetables and fruit.

Jerry Harris said...

I'd hit it. Nice booty....

Jerry Harris said...

I'd hit it. Nice booty.