Sunday, April 27, 2014

All I really want is popcorn.

I always look forward to the weekend, all week long. Then it gets here and I just don't have it in me anymore. It's like the regular week sucked the ever loving life right out of me. It's terrible.

Alas, we can't have feral children, hungry husband and a homestead.

I had a lot on my agenda this weekend:

  • Tag the shirts for Kindergarten round up. 
  • Work on 4 Teacher Appreciation projects
  • Meal plan for the next three weeks
  • Grocery shop
  • Clean the entire house, good god I slacked last week. 
  • Finish three books for review
  • Type up reviews for this week
  • Make and mail out some birthday cards
  • Mail package to friend
Well Friday ended up screwing me all up because I thought I had all day until the fundraiser guy came to school. Turns out, he doesn't really care that I actually work, so I had to miss work and close out the fundraiser right away in the morning. Sure, nice to get it done, but it threw my entire day off track. I ended up being at the school for almost six hours on Friday between that, working on PTO stuff, and reading with Jackson's class. I was pretty stinking exhausted by the time I left there with the kids. 

When I got home that night I meticulously planned out three weeks of meals, matched it with the grocery store ad and coupons I had. Matt wanted to help grocery shop on Saturday, so I thought we could do that and a family lunch out and call it good. All was well until we get to the check out and my total is $53 more than I had budgeted. Turned out that Matt was plucking things into the cart the entire time. He was pretty angry at me for being angry, until I showed him on the receipt that in fact, I was right and that he just spent his gas money on crap food he won't even remember to take to work to eat. 

He was silent the whole way home. 

Jerk. 

I did manage to get the entire house cleaned thanks in part to being angry. I made lasagna and had my parents over for dinner, which I'm hoping kind of turns into a tradition. It's nice to see my dad since he's on the road so much for work and the kids like it too. I finished two of my books on Saturday between all of the other stuff and today I got all of my reviews typed up. 

I finished most, not all, of my Teacher Appreciation stuff, but I have quite a bit more to do by Friday. I'm not worried since I have stuff pretty well mapped out and I'm organized. I just need to tweak a couple of things but that shouldn't take too long. 

You know what I realized? Jackson will be done with Kindergarten in a little over a month. I remember how emotional I was when Olivia was finished, I don't know what it'll be like to see my little man graduate. Olivia is just blowing me away with the stuff she's accomplishing in second grade. I'm so lucky both of my kids have had just really amazing teachers. Each year they just get more and more creative with the fun learning projects for the kids and I'm astounded because seriously, I wish I had gotten to do that kind of stuff. 

Anyways. I still have to tag these t-shirts for the incoming Kindergarten students but all I really want to do is eat popcorn watch Magic Mike. I just don't think that's an unreasonable request. 

No comments: