- Spend one night in the WI Dells using the discount room voucher I have. Kids can swim, we can say we've been there and we aren't the worst parents in the world.
- Go to Madison and stay somewhere relatively cheap and not in the ghetto.
- Go to Madison Zoo (it's free!) during the day, and then...
- Make my family come with me to the Barnes & Noble at some mall where author Maggie Stiefvater is doing a book signing. FAN GIRL the entire time.
- At some point eat at the Great Dane restaurant. I saw it on that show Discover Wisconsin and I forget why I made note of it but I obviously have to go to find out.
- And then what?
Surely there are really low cost and/or free things around Madison/Milwaukee that we can take the kids. My goal is to get a trip all organized and then present it to Matt and say let's just do this shit.
Do you live near the ass crack of Wisconsin/Michigan? Any ideas on super cheap and/or free fun things to do?